Home

Torchlight

ChAiNz.2da

Here I thought I was late to the game and was surprised to not find a thread on it :xp:

Anyone heard of/played it? I for one am hooked. Starting out with a Vanquisher (mix between Amazon/Assassin).. and having loads of fun.

http://www.torchlightgame.com/

It's made by the developers of Diablo/Fate/Mythos, and it's pretty much what this game is.. a re-imagined version of them. And I mean.. down to the wire. Socket-able items, skill trees, town portal/identify scrolls... seriously, it's an upgraded Diablo/Fate Series with added fishing and pets.. hehehe. Even the music is scored (again) by Matt Uelmen :D

Discovered it on XBLA however with a little digging, I've found out (not only has it been out for over a year) but it's available for pc/mac as well, with support for modding. Not sure how extensive.. I'd wager level building.. but enough to pique my interest.

Anywho, wold love to hear your thoughts on the game. Apparently Torchlight 2 is on the way as well which adds multi/co-op player (from what I've heard).

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I got it on Steam when it first came out, and I played it for about a week non stop. Loved the hell out of it. A couple of months later it was updated with Steam achievements, so I replayed it. Its one of those games that once you start playing, its extremely hard to stop. I've recommended it numerous times. Can't wait for Torchlight 2.

I got it on Steam when it first came out, and I played it for about a week non stop. Loved the hell out of it. A couple of months later it was updated with Steam achievements, so I replayed it. Its one of those games that once you start playing, its extremely hard to stop. I've recommended it numerous times. Can't wait for Torchlight 2.

Yeah, found that out right away.. hehehe. Stayed up WAY too long last nite playing this game.

"Just one more dungeon.. ok.. just one more dungeon after this dungeon..." :D

Playing it on xbla currently, but I'm really tempted getting it for pc just to see if the gui is a little less "tedious" as it is on xbox (a bearable tedious mind you). That, and the level building of course.. hehe

Definitely a nice game to gap-fill my desire for Diablo III at least. Torchlight's gameplay is so smooth, makes me wonder if this is how D3 will be.

Archived