211 members have voted

1. 1. VISUAL ENHANCEMENT VOTE

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loving the work you're doing on the mod. Just a question, and I hope you don't take offence at the fact it's concerning a similar project by another modder, but are you familiar with the KOTOR Ultimate Mod by 'Thunder3'? (http://www.moddb.com/mods/kotor-ultimate)

As far as I can see, aside from also having further ambitions to make new models and cutscenes, he seems to share the same fundamental goals as you when it comes to the retextures.

I'm just wondering how you (or other members here) feel your textures differ from his. Is one of your projects more of a reimagining while the other is more faithful to the original textures? (only enhanced in quality)

I'm liking what I see with both projects. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Is 'Visual Enhancement 2012' more or less extensive? Which one deviates more from the original textures?

Again, I don't intend to offend by bringing someone else's work into your topic. :)

Loving the work you're doing on the mod. Just a question, and I hope you don't take offence at the fact it's concerning a similar project by another modder, but are you familiar with the KOTOR Ultimate Mod by 'Thunder3'? (http://www.moddb.com/mods/kotor-ultimate)

H

As far as I can see, aside from also having further ambitions to make new models and cutscenes, he seems to share the same fundamental goals as you when it comes to the retextures.

I'm just wondering how you (or other members here) feel your textures differ from his. Is one of your projects more of a reimagining while the other is more faithful to the original textures? (only enhanced in quality)

I'm liking what I see with both projects. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Is 'Visual Enhancement 2012' more or less extensive? Which one deviates more from the original textures?

Again, I don't intend to offend by bringing someone else's work into your topic. :)

Well let start by saying ive seen the mod and he seems to be sticking to the original look. Which is fine for those who like that idea id never discourage anyone making.this types of mods as it is time consuming. My mod is completely re imagined so its good for those that dont mind something different. Any way thanks for checking out the mod...no offense taken..

A

• 1 month later...
Well scouring around the net i finally found a tatooine save file...in xbox format but it still works so ill have something a lil later

Thank you i really appreciate this.:thmbup1:

Your reskin for TSL look great. Haven't tried KotOR yet because i'm missing that Tatooine reskin.

These are permanent addition to my KotOR and TSL games. At least until you make new ones sometime maybe in near future.;)

Hi, i am trying to use the Texture Pack for Taris, i am using SWKOTOR Steam version. I read about the Override and stuff and well, i got it to work, except, all texture isn´t showing i think.

Example in the Hidden Bek Base, the floor is just, brown like sand or something.

Not sure if i am doing anything wrong;S

I'm not too familiar with the Steam version of KotOR, but the basics should still apply:

1.) The path to your Override folder should be ~\Lucas Arts\SWKOTOR\Override

2.) Make sure you put the files directly in the override; don't try to be organized and make separate folders.

3.) The texture files are in .tga format.

• 4 weeks later...

Did some more testing. Ok well for some very odd reason adding in this texture pack by itself(Everything including the plc files to) makes bastila's default clothes, particularly on the shoulders(Brown parts) somewhat transparent. This was tested with just this mod and none else. At first glance you can barley tell the difference however switch to her and take a look around with the camera and you will see that some of the background textures will be somewhat seen through her brown shoulder parts. I took out the textures and then it worked fine again, as a reminder the only mods being used was this one. Lol, pretty much everything in here is perfect and its unfortunate because this little detail really bothers me. I will do some more tests to see if just placing the plc files effects this character in this way.

Edit: Ok tried this both with and with out the plc files. It seems that any planet using these textures will do this regardless if the plc files are placed or not. Its not that big of a turn off nor is it very noticeable(well eventually it will be) but I think this should be looked into. I played this with an unedited save file with just the vanilla game and these textures. Even messed with the graphics option to see if perhaps that had some kind of effect.(Which it didn't really).

Edit: Also this happens to just bastilla. I have no idea why it does this, this was also tested on 2 pc's and the same problem occurs.

My guess is that one of the txi files is making the mesh on one of her shoulder thingy's go a bit transparent. Also will I need video to show you guys the difference?

To fix this im just using the elegant bastilla skin. This skin does not have the shoulder pad thing with it and so far it is not transparent. Alternatively instead of trying to see what is wrong, maybe create a seperate txi file for bastilla instead.

Edit/update- Ok well I went into photoshop to see if there was an alpha channel that caused the transparency and it seems like any bastila skin that has this will make it transparent. The elegant bastilla skin I am using doesn't have a alpha channel which is why it isn't transparent. So I am going to assume that the original skin has some kind of alpha channel that causes this and because there is no txi file it makes it transparent. That or a txi file included with these textures has changed one of the original txi files in game used for bastila's skin which is why this happens. Problem solved sorta...lol(Well the first step to this anyway).

Edit- Yup, I was right there was an alpha channel that was somehow changed with in this projects development. The only question is what kind of txi did this particular skin use? To fix her skin I got the original skin and deleted the alpha channel therefore eliminating any conflicting txi file. What I suggest is finding the original txi file that her skin used and adding it to the plc files. Im not too familiar with these textures which is why I haven't attempted to tackle this myself(That and I forgot how to use the functions of kotor tool from my long break from modding).

Edit- Well it seems its not just bastila that this affects, you wouldn't notice it but npc's like certain black vulkers and a few other have some sort of small transparency in one part or another(I really had to look to see this). Its very interesting, not sure what it could be.

final edit - Actually its not your fault Xar, its something that bioware messed up on.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179758

This thread explained to me why this occurred, even when I had no mods on. The fix I suggested still works but its something that bioware forgot to adress. In short, your mod doesn't cause this, its something hardcoded in the game and a problem windows 7 users like myself have. I have the most up to date version(kotor collection) and its a shame that they could not fix these problems to start with.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Is it possible to get a newbie/easy installer for the mod? i love the work but it looks so complicated to instal

just extract rar file remove textures from folder add textures directly to override folder.

Not sure if those instructions from the first post are still up to date but even if they aren't they shouldn't be more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived