Home

TSL only works in Windowed Mode?!

Elite Duck

Hi, I'm at a friends house trying to get his copy of TSL to work. He picked up the 4 disc PC version today. Originally the game would cycle through the movies and then we were greeted by a very friendly black screen and an even friendlier "KotOR has encountered a problem" box. After downloading the TSL vista fix and running in compatibility mode with Vista Service Pack 2 as Admin with diabled movies AND in Windowed mode, the game FINALLY ran. It works, but my friends resolution is 1600x900 and he wants to run it in full screen so he can use UniWS (Universal Widecreen Patcher) to make the game in in that resolution. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Specs:

Exactly the same as mine (In signature)

Hi there,

I don't know if the following fits the Vista version but you can check the swkotor2.ini if there are those lines

AllowWindowedMode=1
FullScreen=0

The first thing to try would be pressing ALT+Enter to switch to Fullscreen. If it doesn't work you'll want to try to change the lines above to

AllowWindowedMode=0
FullScreen=1

It works for me but I can't say if it works for you since I'm using XP...:p

Fastmaniac

I can get to full screen without any problems. The problem is that when I go into Full Screen the game freezes. In windowed mode, I get to the main menu, the framerate is 2fps. Once I get to any other part of the main menu (Graphics, Movies etc) The game runs fine again. Once I start the game, it too works perfectly at about 50fps. But, if I switch to windowed mode, the game freezes. I've tried making the game run at 1440x900 and lowering the resolution to the same but the game still freezes. I can't think of anything that would cause this now.

EDIT: This came up after I minimized the game and uh..."un-minimized" it.

unled2334456.png

Good News! My Nvidia 555M is a very new card, so the game does not support it. But, luckily my laptop comes with intergrated graphics that resolves hardware issues. Embarrassingly, I'd already done this for K1!!!! *facedesk**facedesk**facedesk*

Archived