Home

A Question About Lightsabers

Fallen Guardian

So, in all custom lightsaber hilt mods (At least the ones I've seen) the way you achieve the custom hilt is through a certain crystal. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a new baseitem entry that would be unique to one lightsaber hilt, allowing it to use regular lightsaber crystals and have the unique hilt instead of using unique crystals to get the unique hilt.

You can add a new lightsaber base item, yes, but I believe this causes issues with Force Jump, issues that are impossible to resolve because Force Jump itself is hard coded. There might be a way get around that by not have it be a lightsaber, technically - I think it's the item class, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if you could upgrade it with crystals if you did that, though.

Well, that's what happens if it's not in upcrystals.2da. And I'm not sure how you'd need to edit upcrystals.2da. I doubt you can have multiple entries for the same crystal. Perhaps you can add a new column for other model variations (there are three now) but I don't know.

Archived