Home

Kotor 2 Lightsaber form function in Kotor 1

DeathScepter

In short, yes and no. K2's engine is a renovated version of K1's, meaning there are certain facets of K2 that will exist solely in K2 and never in K1 - one of these being the lightsaber forms. However, there are certain work arounds. For one, some modders have implemented lightsaber forms as Force-buffs (like Force Speed and what-not), the problem, however, is that the buff isn't permanent - it only lasts about 3 minutes or so. Another work around has been lightsaber form armbands, although this may also be a sacrifice - depending on your character's equipment build.

Take a look at these:

K1 Force Pack

K1 Lightsaber Form Armbands

I do want to make custom feats. Right now, Floating in my head that concerning Lightsaber forms and martial arts.

Each Lightsaber form will be a passive tree and 1 active combat tree. For Example, Vornskr's Ferocity would used Flurry Animation but it will have 4 attacks per round and it will be tied to Juyo passive tree. And Swift Flank ability will use Dexterity and Intelligence modifer for damage and it will increase damage when your character is flanking an enemy or the enemy is stunned.

cool. Either way if i do talk to him or not, I still need to learn C++ and read up on the tutorials to even use any of my ideas.

For Example, Slayer is a Modified Jedi Sentinel Class with more feats, skills and powers. Closer to the Kotor 2 version.

Warblade is a Modified Jedi Guardian and still combat friendly Jedi Warrior.

I will think something for Jedi Consular.

I might borrow you for a few things.

As far as I can tell, the feats in this mod are still mere placeholders that technically don't do anything. So you couldn't, for example, create a new Flurry feat because it wouldn't show up in the combat selection. And you can't edit what Flurry does at all because that's hard coded.

Also, KOTOR's scripting language is closer to C#.

As far as non-feat force forms go, I can think if a couple ways that aren't utilized by any mods I know of. It is possible to add permanent effects and then remove those effects with a script, so to create a Force power to do such would be trivial. It's also possible to equip items to a character that are hidden - this is how HK's upgrades function - and theoretically you should be able to destroy them as well. So with both it would be possible to do something along the lines of the armbands without the armbands, and without any time limit. And to keep anyone from cheating by using two. I considered doing so at one point, but I've been too busy.

Archived