Home

X-wing Tour V Mission 2 german - bug

LouisdeFuines

Hi there,

in the german Version in Tour V Mission 2, the tugs won`t dock with the b-wings and thus the misson can`t bei solved.

Even the neutral Corvette does only appear by luck (or doesn`t appear to my misluck...)

Please help me with that great game!

Try running the editiors via emulator. in Windows you can right click on the icon for the program, select properties, and then the compatibility tab to emulate to a previous system

Third mission should be straight forward, read the hints and you will find out which Imperial craft target the B-wings and Maria and go after them. The Maria can hold her own against the Frigate, it is the bombers that do the most damage

If this is the DOS version of X-Wing, I vaguely remember reading that the computer may be too fast b/c of speed-limiting code, which has the side effect of causing the tugs to never reach the fighters if run on today's CPUs. If you're using a DOS emulator, try setting the clock speed lower (DOS X-Wing was designed to run on something like 33 Mhz processors).

• 4 weeks later...
If this is the DOS version of X-Wing, I vaguely remember reading that the computer may be too fast b/c of speed-limiting code, which has the side effect of causing the tugs to never reach the fighters if run on today's CPUs. If you're using a DOS emulator, try setting the clock speed lower (DOS X-Wing was designed to run on something like 33 Mhz processors).

Well in case anybody needs to know, I'm the guy who fixed the broken Missions in X-Wing. I have read about this speed problem in context with another mission, and there actually a slowdown did work. However, the mission in Tour 5 (at least in German version) was/is missing a variable, the ships/group which have to be boarded. So in this case/version there is absolutely nothing you can do finish it.

Before fixing that, and also a couple other missions, I have tried various slow down utilities on my old DOS machine, which is a AMD K6 III 400 Mhz CPU slowed down by multiplier to 166 MHz.

The other mission, which actually required a slowdown, one where a Cruiser has to jump, forgot the tour/mission number now, but not the Bonus Historical Mission, already worked when I slowed down my machine further by 15%, which is about 140 MHz. All but this one mission worked fine on 166 MHz.

Archived