Home

Dialog scripts not firing

Hey All!

So the other day I randomly decided to re-install Kotor 2 again to relive the good times of a much younger self. So as I now have a little programming experience behind me, I've started to re-looking at scripting however I've come across a problems, so I thought where best to look for help than that of Holowan Labs, from which I've been away for so long ( nearly 8 years!! )

So anyway, I've written two scripts (and by written I mean used the script generator :p), one for lightside alignment and one for darkside alignment, which I've then compiled and put into Override.

I then edited the workbench.dlg, created some new responses to trigger the scripts and have linked them by putting their name in the Script #1 field however when I run the dialog in game, the options appear in the workbench but they don't seem to be firing my script? I've added SendMessageToPC() to the script as well but that's not reporting back in Feedback either.

#include "k_inc_debug" 
#include "k_inc_utility" 

void main() 
{ 
   AdjustAlignment(GetFirstPC(), ALIGNMENT_DARK_SIDE, 5000); 
}

The above script is for my darkside script, lightside is the opposite ALIGNMENT parameter.

So, anyone able to help me? :/

P.S Please forgive the ridiculously stupid a** username haha

Hey thanks for the reply.

Completely forgot to upload the screenies, I did however manage to find out what the problem was. Turns out I stupidly named the files too long for the field. Have renamed them to something shorted now and it works fine.

Thanks for viewing my thread :D

• 1 year later...

Hello togehter,

I'm new in the SW Kotor 2 - TSL modding business.

I work togehter with all the helpfully tutorials from Holowan Labs. They works very well.

But now, I have a big problem with firing from my scripts and I have no idea where is my fault.

I create a new NPC Recruit Mod. But, since my last changes, my scripts aren't working any more.

Here a list of my last changes:

1. I written with the TalkEd a new string for my dialog.tlk.

2. I have opened the DLGEditor and "copy&pase" the number of the new string for a new Entry in a conversation.dlg.

3. I started Kotor 2 for testing the new dialog. The result didn't please me. So I return to DLGEditor and delete my last Entry. Then I delete the last string in the TalkEd.

4. At next I started Kotor 2 and suddenly my spawn-script for my new NPC didn't work any more. Normaly, my NPC have to spawn after a conversation between me and the barkeeper from the Nar Shaddaa cantina. But my NPC doesn't appear any more...

In other respects I change nothing.

Have anybody a similar problem and could fix them?

So, anyone able to help me?

Regards!

Hello togehter,

I'm new in the SW Kotor 2 - TSL modding business.

I work togehter with all the helpfully tutorials from Holowan Labs. They works very well.

But now, I have a big problem with firing from my scripts and I have no idea where is my fault.

I create a new NPC Recruit Mod. But, since my last changes, my scripts aren't working any more.

Here a list of my last changes:

1. I written with the TalkEd a new string for my dialog.tlk.

2. I have opened the DLGEditor and "copy&pase" the number of the new string for a new Entry in a conversation.dlg.

3. I started Kotor 2 for testing the new dialog. The result didn't please me. So I return to DLGEditor and delete my last Entry. Then I delete the last string in the TalkEd.

4. At next I started Kotor 2 and suddenly my spawn-script for my new NPC didn't work any more. Normaly, my NPC have to spawn after a conversation between me and the barkeeper from the Nar Shaddaa cantina. But my NPC doesn't appear any more...

In other respects I change nothing.

Have anybody a similar problem and could fix them?

So, anyone able to help me?

Regards!

I would check that you didn't delete the entry with the script and then I'd check both that the script is in a node that can be shown in-game and that the script is spelled the same as the .ncs file you have (without the extension).

@Fair Strides 2 - Thank you, for your answer!:)

This problem I could fix. I had write the conversation.dlg new and I know that I never delete a string of my dailog.tlk in future. I overwrite an existing string rather.

But now, it sounds unbelieveble, I have a similar problem. I wanted to change for the same self-made conversation.dlg the CamVidEffect with the DLGEditor v.2.3.2.

For testing I used the "VIDEO_EFFECT_FREELOOK_GOTO" -cam. At next I started the game and what happend... my spawn-script wasn't firing again.

Immediately, I wrote again a new conversatin.dlg. Unfortunately, this time it wasn't the solution and the spawn script still not triggered.

I already looking in the proper .2da for these kind of cameras. But I have no idea what can I change.

Any ideas?

Regards!

Archived