Home

If the Doctor really did die....

RoyTordesLegend

You see how quickly the Trekkies* divide off into which series and movies they like or dislike? :max:

Just watch all of it. If it bores you, go to the next one. ;)

* The original term used to identify a Star Trek fan was Trekkie. The term 'trekker' came along some time later to denote someone who liked Star Trek but didn't go for any of the silly Spock ears and toy phaser at the convention nonsense.

To be fair, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century was brilliant.

But still no match for the later series of Deep Space 9. It was probably a bit poo up until, I dunno, series 4 or something, but after that it really took off! The last couple of series were the best Trek ever, objectively, but TNG wins for me thanks to its nostalgia value. (It was the first Star Trek series I saw.)

Behave yourself.

I'd rather watch Buck Rogers in the 25th Century upside down in a piranha infested pool than watch Deep Space 9 for anything longer than 20 minutes.

Incorrect response. DS9 is awesome. The Bee Knees as the kiddies say. Like TNG, the first two years are a bit rough (though not nearly as rough as TNGs), and then in 3 it takes off. Everybody knows that, it's scientific fact.

Wellll, I have to be honest, I watched it for a while when it was new and again when Virgin launched the channel 'Virgin 1' maybe 5-6 years ago, and thought it was really rubbish....butttt if you're saying it gets better later on, that's good enough for me, and I'll maybe give it another watch in the future.

However The Next Generation was always brilliant, even the campy first couple of series, in fact "Skin of Evil" is one of my favourite ever episodes.

thought it was really rubbish

You're an idiot.

in fact "Skin of Evil" is one of my favourite ever episodes.

You're an idiot.

"Skin of Evil" is actually one of the better episodes of season one, even though poor Tasha dies.

Now, for real stinkers, there's "The Naked Now" and "Code of Honor".

Hah. I've just read the Wikipedia blurb for Code of Honour. Supposedly it was bad enough that "some of the cast, including Jonathan Frakes, sought to prevent the episode from being re-aired". Somehow that just makes me want to see it again all the more. I don't really remember it.

What were the awful episodes in the other series in the franchise?

Wellll, I have to be honest, I watched it for a while when it was new and again when Virgin launched the channel 'Virgin 1' maybe 5-6 years ago, and thought it was really rubbish....butttt if you're saying it gets better later on, that's good enough for me, and I'll maybe give it another watch in the future.

However The Next Generation was always brilliant, even the campy first couple of series, in fact "Skin of Evil" is one of my favourite ever episodes.

It takes little time, but a lot of that buildup that seems pointless ends up paying off down the line when the wars start and the serialization starts to build up.

I just watched through it all for the first time in awhile last year. If you want I can try and suggest a couple episodes that give you a decent idea what the show is like later on

And, of course, DS9 has the truest ****ing best awesome episode ever, "In the Pale Moonlight". <3 <3 <3

It is partially standalone. But I wouldn't necessarily recommend watching first, or generally out of order. It does spoil a few facts.

And "Far Beyond the Stars". Beautiful. "It's Only a Paper Moon". "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges". ...

Archived