Home

Twin Mullet Men

redrob41

Update: There is now a new version of this file on this thread.

Hey everyone, I've finally done it!

TwinMulletMenforTSL.jpg~original

This mod will add two new, playable heads. They are based on the fan favourite head from KotOR 1 known as "Mullet Man" (PMHC04). I have modified TSL assets (to avoid porting), mostly PMHH01 model and texture to get as close as possible to the original appearance. There is also a second head model where I cribbed together parts of PMHH01 with the long spiky hair from N_ZezKaiEllH and the bangs from PMHC04 (again, only using TSL assets).

The first model was able to maintain the edge smoothing from the original model, but doesn't get the iconic hair that Mullet Man was known for. The second model does achieve the epic hair, but at the cost of having hard edges around the jawline and hairline (due to limitations in the modding process at the moment).

You get to choose, which of the twins will you rule the galaxy with?

Download at DeadlyStream

Download at FileFront (If you get "The following error has occured: Invalid File ID!", then you may need to refresh their web page a few times before the proper page comes up)

The hair looks much better too. BRAVO!

At last! It is done! I've been waiting for about 2 years for Mullet Man to come into TSL. Awesome job, RedRob. And I agree with VP, the hair actually looks better than the K1 version.

Thanks. I used an alpha channel and "punchthrough" in a txi so that parts of the back of the hair would be transparent, and less obviously triangle and rectangle meshes. That makes the hair less like anime spikes, and more like an uncombed tumble of actual hair than the K1 version.

I'm curious: does this head use the same map as mullet-man in k1? Iirc there was at least one head that used the map.

The face is pretty much the same, but the hair uvw map is all new. I had to start with Zez's hair, then chop off the bald head, and build new polygons on top of that.

There are several face textures that are set up quite similarly (all the skin, eyes, only some of the hair):

PMHH01

PMHH02

PMHC07

PLC_EndPIC

and there are a couple that have a tiny bit of similarity:

PMHC04A

N_ZezKaiEllH

Do you know what model uses the PLC_EndPIC texture? I looked at the texture in GIMP, and now I'm curious as to what it looks like on it's respective model.

plc_endcorps.mdl textures:

plc_endpld

plc_lit02

plc_endplc

plc_endpla

plc_endplb

At the end of K1, in the fight against Malak, this is the guy in force cages

that he drains for more power.

A=clothes of healthy guy in cage

B=clothes of burnt, drained guy

C=face of healthy guy

D=face of burnt, drained guy

• 3 weeks later...

I ALWAYS play like female but this one makes me wish to start new playthrough as male no doubt ... :nod:

downloading ... just for the screenies those darkside transitions look amazing too, a shame about those hard edges around the jawline and hairline, I think I'll be ruling the galaxy ASAP with the first option ... :woo:

thx very impressive job :thmbup1:

Archived