Home

Coordinates: X, Y, Z

CaptainPike

I have questions about this coordinate method.

After I have completed the mod for the Ebon Hawk supplies I've been working on, I want to throw in a couple placeables and creatures; the problem is, my copy of KOTOR is from "Best of PC" package; so I don't have access to cheat codes or "whereami". As result, I need to understand how the coordinate systems work and for a given area, establish points of reference.

For example, if I understood the coordinate methods and knew where my crew was placed in the Ebon Hawk, I could use that knowledge to make good guesses of where to place my additional creatures and placeables.

My research has simply directed me to "whereami" cheat, and that's not going to work for me ...

So...

• What directions do the values X, Y and Z delineate?

• In these 3 directions, which values do larger numbers move to? (i.e. is 0 the furthest to the left or top or furthest to right or bottom)?

• So that I can have points of reference, what files can I look at in a given module to establish a point of reference?

The cheats work fine for me in my BOPC copy of KotOR.

In any case, for most default KotOR maps, an increase in X value corresponds to a more easterly position. An increase in Y value results in a more northerly position on the map. The Z coordinate controls the height, which is of no consequence for characters as their Z coordinate is based on the walkmesh.

The cheats work fine for me in my BOPC copy of KotOR.

In any case, for most default KotOR maps, an increase in X value corresponds to a more easterly position. An increase in Y value results in a more northerly position on the map. The Z coordinate controls the height, which is of no consequence for characters as their Z coordinate is based on the walkmesh.

Thanks for the info! That will be very useful.

Cheats work fine for you? I can't get mine to work for nuthin'. I have installed outside of the "programs" directory and I have tried:

Cheats = 1

EnableCheats

EnableCheats=1

Console=1

EnableConsole

EnableConsole=1

.... and any and all of the above!

~ gets me nowhere ... It's aggravating ...

Thanks for the info! That will be very useful.

Cheats work fine for you? I can't get mine to work for nuthin'. I have installed outside of the "programs" directory and I have tried:

Cheats = 1

EnableCheats

EnableCheats=1

Console=1

EnableConsole

EnableConsole=1

.... and any and all of the above!

~ gets me nowhere ... It's aggravating ...

Well, did you add it under the [Game Options] section?

Mine for comparison:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
[Game Options]
Enable Tooltips=1
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=1
Tutorial Popups=0
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1