Home

Help With Character Appearance

I hate asking for help on here and waiting for a response, especially when what I'm doing demands immediate attention because I'm trying to play the game and hate delaying my playtime waiting for an answer to my question. But I'm stumped and don't really have any other choice, so here it goes.

I have reached the hunters' lounge on Tatooine where Komad Fortuna makes his first appearance. One problem: he's appearing as a Mandalorian, and he obviously isn't supposed to be a Mandalorian. I tried to narrow down which mod may have made this change, but I can't seem to find it. I have no idea whose idiotic idea it was to change Bib Fortuna's ancestor to a Mandalorian when he should be a Twi'lek, but it's annoying.

I went back to one of the earliest backups of the appearance.2da file that I have, compared it against the one in my Override folder and made all the changes so that they match the older one, but the dude still appears as a Mandalorian! I can't figure it out!

I seem to have misplaced my original, unaltered appearance.2da, which I have a sneaking suspicion may have been on my old hard drive that crashed. My only other option would be to uninstall and reinstall the game, but there's so much work that goes into modding it to the point where I have it now. It doesn't seem worth it for such a thing, but at the same time, I don't want a freaking Mandalorian Komad!

Can someone maybe send me an unaltered appearance.2da file, or read off to me Komad's line exactly as it should read, cell by cell? Or if you can offer help in any other way, it'd be most appreciated.

And please hurry. I'd like to continue with my game.

[Edit] I found my unedited copy of appearance.2da. Everything matches perfectly. I don't know what the hell is happening. I tied searching for any other files in my mods entitled "Komad" but turned up nothing. There's no Komad-type file in my Override folder either. Why is he still a Mandalorian! :(

I appreciate your offer! One question, though: Lucas Forums doesn't allow for attachments in posts or in PMs. How can I send you the files?

Maybe I'll just suck it up and accept that Komad has chosen to wear Mandalorian armor for whatever reason for the time being, and hope he appears without it when we later meet on the Dune Sea.

I appreciate your offer! One question, though: Lucas Forums doesn't allow for attachments in posts or in PMs. How can I send you the files?

Maybe I'll just suck it up and accept that Komad has chosen to wear Mandalorian armor for whatever reason for the time being, and hope he appears without it when we later meet on the Dune Sea.

You never did answer my question...

And something like mediafire oughta work. I'd just need to be PMed the link.

Oh, right. Yeah, I suppose there is that option, though it would involve a bit of backtracking were I to load that file. Not a great deal of it, but some. I'd rather see if the current save can be fixed before I resort to that, which I will if I have to.

Oh, right. Yeah, I suppose there is that option, though it would involve a bit of backtracking were I to load that file. Not a great deal of it, but some. I'd rather see if the current save can be fixed before I resort to that, which I will if I have to.

Well, the main reason for the question is the fact that once you visit an area, it's data is kept inside the saved game, so a reload doesn't grab any new data...

So all the times you reloaded your save didn't do jack for updating Komad... :)

I'm probably gonna call it a night at this point, so no rush. :) Thanks again.

Here's the fixed file, just drop it into your saved game. This issue was indeed that you weren't using a save from before going to the Lodge. Hopefully the issue doesn't come up when you go to the Dune Sea, but if it does I can fix it.

SAVEGAME.7z

Archived