Home

DREAMM 3.0 beta testing now

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Aaron Giles said:

I suspect the flakiness in Monkey 4 is due to running low on memory in the virtual machine. Does your weird behavior only happen after playing the game for a while?

yeah.. let's say like after 10/15 minutes of play more or less

Strange... it's possibly only the Italian retail version has this trouble ?

** Little OT **

https://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=15986

Were you aware of this sort of unofficial patch? Some report there's already included on some 1.1 GOG Version of the game (expecially the PS2 Monkey Kombat variant) . I have tryed on italian 1.1 retail and apparently it's work but you need to RESTART the ADVENTURE from beginning.

If you apply this patch and use a previous savegames made on version 1.1 it's cause the game tends to crash often and end up in deadlocks especially during discussions.

Infact if you go on Games Setting (in Italian "Modifica Pizzellacchere") where you can set the graphic details this unofficial patch it's listed as version 1.2....

Edited by DjDiabolik

Ok, new beta time! https://aarongiles.com/dreamm/beta

New in 3.0b13:

* UI font is now generated live at the target resolution from TrueType

* Split DREAMM options into Options & Tools; moved Add New Games to tools

* Enforced a minimum window size to help prevent problems at very low resolutions

* Made auto-pause a global setting, configurable from the Options screen

* Internal debugger added, run with -debug; mostly for my internal use, but you can play with it; try 'help'

* Fixed bug where TIE Fighter Collector's CD would hang if you skipped through opening cutscenes

* Fixed errors when running CD versions of Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

* Fixed bug where overdriving MIDI volume for external MIDI devices would wrap

* Fixed visual glitch where indefinite progress bars would overhang to the left

* Removed video configuration from Indy Fate Italian (GOG) to prevent errors when starting

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 7:00 PM, Torbjörn Andersson said:

Once upon a time, I would have used Wine to unpack those installers in Linux. But these days, the "innoextract" command line tool seems to be doing a good job too. Even if that'll get you a bunch of files that I assume are only used during the installation, as well as the installed files themselves. I think the official web page for it is https://constexpr.org/innoextract/

Since the file format is apparently well understood, I guess there's no technical reason that DREAMM couldn't install the games directly from those installer files. But I haven't heard anyone say it does, and I've never tried it.

So i have tryed this solution whit two italian GOG setup.... i have both file:

setup_escape_from_monkey_islandtm_1.1_(italian)_(20987)-1.bin

setup_escape_from_monkey_islandtm_1.1_(italian)_(20987).exe

After about 5 minutes i have obtain a file structure apparently completely useless.... a folder called {tmp} apparently contain all files but in a totally wrong name and all folder like 00 0a in all subfolder.

How i can know what's the REAL name of the games ?

A file called install_script.iss apparently contain all END path and real name but actually it's impossible to rename manually file by file.

*EDIT*

OMG Wait a moment........ now it's work....... i have relaunch innoextract and the .exe from terminal and now all files as created correctly!!

Now try to add the GOG Italian 1.1 on current DREAMM 3.0b13

*EDIT 2nd PART*

So.... let's get to the point.

After i have extracted correctly the GOG package whit innoextract 1.9 (remember all files it's extracted on same folder you have the two GOG files.. so before to extract move it in a empty subfolder or something similar) it's only need to drag the entire folder on DREAMM windows and the GOG 1.1 as been added and can be playable whitout neeed to use NOCD or somethings similar.

So..... we can therefore say that to date the GOG version is the best version available to use with Dreamm. Right ?

I took one of the save files I put here and loaded it. I completed the game without any major problems! I obtain only one CRASH and games closed himself and i'm to my OS Desktop while I was trying to jog Herman's memory by throwing stuff at his head.

All in all the game is playable also whit DREAMM right now if you use the correct store version in this case the GOG version.

Ironically, even the retail CD version... maybe it works if you use the GOG Monkey4.exe :)

But at this point i thinks if you want to use directly the RETAIL CD Version on Windows a valid alternative it's usage of "Quick & Easy" Launcher/Setup whit the NoCD by Skull (after you have modified the correct keys whit windows registry editor)

On other OS problably the Retail CD Version it's also playable whit DREAMM..... lol... I've honestly finished this game more times in a month than I have in my entire 45 years :)

Edited by DjDiabolik
  • Like 1

New beta for today. https://aarongiles.com/dreamm/beta

New in 3.0b14:

• Major internal change in the way files are accessed; everything should work as before, but definitely report any oddness
  • OutputDebugString and DebugBreak now wired up to DREAMM's debugger for Windows games
  • Added keyboard configuration option, plus initial support for keyboard layouts in Windows (DOS still to come)
  • Added "quiet" mode installation; hold shift when dragging or when clicking the first install button
  • Added support for the Min'n'Mojo Monkey Island 2 Talkie demo
  • Added support for English Rebel Assault II Level 4 Demo, made it the basis for other languages
  • Added support for Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine preview (including installer)
  • Added support for Jedi Knight Demo installer EXE
  • Added support for CD images embedded in ZIP files (note that they are fully decompressed to RAM!)
  • Fixed Grim Fandango 1.0 releases; this required a major rework and exposes multiple discs for you to swap NOTE: You will need to re-install any existing Grim Fandango installations!
  • Fixed bug where menu selections would be stuck moving up in Grim Fandango
  • Fixed keyboard behavior in Outlaws when typing names (though still glitchy in some versions due to OG bugs)
  • Fixed popping sounds in some Windows games (Shadows of the Empire)
  • Fixed incorrect mouse tracking in Loom CD in EGA mode
  • Fixed bug in game detection logic when counting files that don't require 100% CRC matches
  • Fixed bug where initial stack pointer for .COM programs was wrong and could trash memory
  • Fixed incorrect alpha blending of UI text when a background is present
  • Fixed bug where sound fonts with uppercase .SF2 extensions were not being recognized
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Chef's Kiss 1

4 hours ago, Aaron Giles said:

• Added support for the Min'n'Mojo Monkey Island 2 Talkie demo

Hi Aaron, I just tried the talkie demo and I get this error: 

File/path D:\lec-monkey2\pc-talkie-proto not found

A similar error appears when I try to run other games. I'm playing on Mac if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Edited by RobMegone

3 hours ago, RobMegone said:

Hi Aaron, I just tried the talkie demo and I get this error: 

File/path D:\lec-monkey2\pc-talkie-proto not found

A similar error appears when I try to run other games. I'm playing on Mac if that makes any difference.

Hmmmm, so you're saying you can't launch any games at all on the new version? I don't see that on my Mac. Do you have any unusual configurations? Also, is it an Intel or ARM-based Mac?

41 minutes ago, Aaron Giles said:

Hmmmm, so you're saying you can't launch any games at all on the new version? I don't see that on my Mac. Do you have any unusual configurations? Also, is it an Intel or ARM-based Mac?

That's correct, I tried deleting my config and I still get the same issue after re-installing games.

It's an M2 and I don't have any strange configurations, the game gets installed to:

~/Library/Application Support/Aaron Giles/DREAMM/install/lec-monkey2/pc-talkie-proto

I've attached my config.json: config.json

Ok, figured it out. It was a silly typo that will be fixed in the next version.

In the meantime, if you create a new empty directory at

~/Library/Application Support/Aaron Giles/DREAMM/gamedelta

it should let you launch games again.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2024 at 4:34 PM, Aaron Giles said:

Ok, figured it out. It was a silly typo that will be fixed in the next version.

In the meantime, if you create a new empty directory at

~/Library/Application Support/Aaron Giles/DREAMM/gamedelta

it should let you launch games again.

Excellent, that works for me. Thanks!

New DREAMM beta today: https://aarongiles.com/dreamm/beta

New in 3.0b15:
* Added option to verify all variants of a game if multiple variants are present
* Added loading indicator at startup of DREAMM and at game startup
* Improved responsiveness switching between variants in the face of slow disk/network access
* Added support for displaying shortcuts on the righthand side in menus
* When verifying games, if no match is found, perform a thorough scan to see if we just need to reshuffle files
* Fixed improperly aligned/spaced text in frontend UI
* Fixed Star Wars Chess 1.1 installation on ARM-based systems
* Fixed instability and lack of mouse input in Windows Star Wars Chess (pieces still face the wrong way though)
* Fixed appearance and behavior of minimized windows in Windows games
* Fixed Grim Fandango installs to work across the disk swap (reverify your install to fix the file layout)
* Fixed Grim Fandango upgrader auto-run script to be more reliable
* Fixed glitchy VGA mode timing in Masterblazer and Night Shift
* Fixed Making Magic Japanese installation
* Fixed missing backgrounds in InstallShield installers
* Fixed missing background in Best of Windows Entertainment Pack installer
* Fixed missing icon in Pipe Dream Windows about box
* Fixed default background color in 16-bit Windows dialogs
* Added support for Star Wars Screen Entertainment German
* Automated Japanese SWSE installer

• Thanks 1