Home

Speech thread

Guest crazy_dog

Guest crazy_dog

This is my speech thread: :)

Do u really want spammers like viper to get elected? Or someone who flames a lot (I'm not meantioning names here, but one of them is running for the candidatcy :rolleyes: )? No, of course not. Then we will have the same problems as the Old Republic Senate in the Star Wars films. No, the forumers want an organised debate with no flaming or spamming.

Which is what I hope to bring. I will make the decisions on a majority level, but if the problem is serios enough, I will get down to a personal level. Either that, or I will make a RA2/YR match for all those that are unhappy. If u are still :( or don't own RA2 or YR, I will encourage your forum going friends to help u out.

Thank u, Thank u... *bows down in front of cheering audience*

Guest Tie Guy

This whole thing is ludicrous, it is almost worse than high school board elections. "I promise to lower the snack machine price" Give me a break guys! Do you want people on the senate who can only praise themselves with facts about what they have done/will do on a message board?!? I mean comon, i have over 3000 posts, and registered on the 2nd say the site was in existance, but you don't see me parading all that around and starting threads to proclaim it. If you want to be on the senate, then just do good things on the board, and don't do bad things, and you will make it too the senate. I honestly can't see how anything you say will make people vote for you. How many people really care if you want to make the board to "be a place where people of all different genders and races can reside apon."?

So, just give all the self praise a rest and let people vote on what you do, not what you say.

[/rant]

Guest Gamma732

Thanks for saying that Tie!

I've said that at least three times and few have listened. People should take this seriously, but not this way. I'd like to run, but this is maybe at most the second time I've said it. I haven't posted a 'campaign' or speech or anything. Just wait till everyone gets nominated then post realistic stuff you can and will do. Everyone's treating this like its a really elaborate RPG or like Tie said a student council election. Lets cut down on pointless banter and take this a little more seriously.

Sorry for tagging on the rant but its about time someone other then me has said it.

Guest Gamma732

No, no, no. Sorry if I sounded mad, I wasen't....not all my rants are irate ;)

Its just I think people are starting to run away with this. And if everyone just goes by how people sound and how many posts they have, the senate will be a joke, nothing will get done. I apologise if I sounded ticked or anything, you don't have to delete stuff. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and style. I can voice mine and you can voice yours however you please. It is a democrasy after all ;)

Guest crazy_dog

Hey, Tie, it's only me cheating.:D

But seriosly, I am doing this for the support. Oh, yeah, and critism is allowed of this thread cos' I want to hear your opinions (exept for the critisim of GB opinions ;) )

Guest Luke Skywalker
Originally posted by Gamma732

No, no, no. Sorry if I sounded mad, I wasen't....not all my rants are irate ;)

Its just I think people are starting to run away with this. And if everyone just goes by how people sound and how many posts they have, the senate will be a joke, nothing will get done. I apologise if I sounded ticked or anything, you don't have to delete stuff. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and style. I can voice mine and you can voice yours however you please. It is a democrasy after all ;)

I deleted it anyways. Oh well Its not like its a blow to me anyways... I hate Student Council elections people just vote for there friends and no one gives a S*it

Guest Lord Tirion

Hehe. Thats why I havent posted much on this forum. I am waiting for the mods to make an official post asking for some kind of feedback from the people who want to run for Senate. I just cant help but wonder how some people can take this very seriously. This is for fun and to simply organize our battlegrounds community better. None of this has any effect on real life. It is not like we are going to go out and put this on our resume that we were once a Senator for a Star Wars site. Somehow, I dont think companies will really care much about that... ;)

Guest Tie Guy

Well, i'm certainly glad that my opinion has been heard, and i hope no one thinks i'm angry or irritated, its just that i'm getting kinda sick of how seriously people are taking this, and how immaturely they are handling it.

BTW Luke, you don't need to delete all your posts or anything, i personally don't care what you do as much as you may have thought from my post, but you won't find me doing it any time soon.

Guest Luke Skywalker

I deleted them, no body cares anyways.... I guess Ill just follow in yours and Gamas and serveral other peoples foot steps. :)

Archived