Home

New JK2 X-wing screenshot

GonkH8er

Posted by ed_silvergun

The Force is not exactly a scientifically quantifiable entity.

There is an irony in there that I have to appreciate. Because apparently according to GL in TPM it is. While I know midi-chlorines measure a jedi potential when he is young and they dont whip out a test in the middle of battle, it is still amusing.

But the HUD isnt in-game ( What I mean is it isnt part of the JK2 universe), so it has no bearing IMO on the feel of the environment. The "cold numbers" as you say, express your reserves in great detail so you can calculate uses of particular force powers and how long you will have to wait until you can use a high cost power.

I realise that this is just my opinion and respect others opinions, but in the end it comes down to Gameplay vs Feeling, and I dont believe numbers ruin the feeling. Also I would be quite content with a bar or other (perhaps an outline of a lightsaber that refills, perhaps thats too tacky?, just something more acurate than that blob in JK.

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Syndrix ]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bring about a good point Syndrix. But one problem: in a lot of our opinions, that would just cheapen the gameplay and make it too arcade-ish. Maybe it goes against the movie, but I know I still don't want it. :) Also, JK2 is based in the original trilogy where we didn't see a force tester, so I guess that could work as an excuse too. :)

In the end it's gameplay and funfactor, so we'll see.

Guest Vagabond

ed,

...I mean, do you really want the HUD to give you a message saying "Sorry, insufficient midi-chlorians for this operation. Please select another Force power"? ...

LOL! Good one!

holy moly, this game is gonna be soo freakin awesome

ed_silvergun: Minor niggles aside, however, another very impressive screenshot. Ooh, I can feel my mouth beginning to water

whatya meen ed? beginning to? my mouth is already watering!

the X wing and the R2 look bloody awesome, some on and hurry up and finish making the game!!

Depending on what Force Powers you get (I'm talking about Force Push)- and if there is a cheat that spurs your force powers to a real true iamayoda (cheat from JK) level you could easily cause havoc in that hangar if there are other ships there. I reckon though that the X-Wing looks great and that the idea for turned off saber while in motion is a great improvement. :p

Archived