Home

Mind Tricks..............

SELYA

SO.........I know this is only one of the forcepowers but I'd really like to see some different Mind triks u could use.For example it would be cool if u could control a stormie. You could force him to let you go [ like in films ;- ] or you could force him to kill other storms.And the stronger the stormie is the harder it is to control him.You couldn't control a dark jedi or Sith.Your thoughts....? :D

Light Jedi don't like manipulating people using the Force. It is "wrong" (or so I've heard). Dark Jedi on the other hand... :D

Anyway, if I remember correctly, wasn't there something about mind tricks in a couple of the previews. I think they said you could distract stormtroopers (make them look the other way) and get people to tell you secrets and stuff.

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: Seryl Cann ]

Yea..but when they went to use it it wouldnt work. I thought that bit was quite funny, and showed us how early in development the game really was. I dont think they mentioned stuff like our suggestions though, actually turning stormies on their own people. Ravens idea was more like a persuasion to make them think you werent there.

Originally posted by Seryl Cann:

<STRONG>Anyway, if I remember correctly, wasn't there something about mind tricks in a couple of the previews. I think they said you could distract stormtroopers (make them look the other way) and get people to tell you secrets and stuff.</STRONG>

That would ROCK, and it would be a much cooler use of Jedi Mind tricks than simple invisibility. Also... Making NPCs look the other way would be cool for anyone who wants to go through the game using more of a thief-esque stealth style. (might also be a cool trick for MP, distracting someone during a saber battle by forcing their heads to turn, lol)

This is a great idea, and like Rave stated, would prove valuable for the replay factor...Also, it would create a openended approach to accomlishing missions differently( hence the replay value) and would create opportunity for Rave to implement challenging puzzles, were you may HAVE to use this to progress through areas of the game....just a thought :D

Archived