Home

Demo

Obi_Three

I think that the Demo should be a separate level.eg: not one from JKO. I do think it would be cool if it would lead into the main game itself to setup the story. it would build anticipation for JKO when it comes out plus, maybe some Mods might be made available at JKO's launch? (if the demo is enough to work with in that regard :confused: ) I think the timing of the demo's release should be about a month b4 JMO :D

I'd rather have one of the multiplayer maps. If the map were made specifically for the demo, they might not put as much work into it. :(

I do hope however, that JK2 will be backwards compatible with versions of Radiant, the generic editor for Quake3 type games.

Link: Wilhuf's Radiant Editor Resources and Links

Edit: Spelling :rolleyes:

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: matt-windu ]

actually the original one was probably posted the first week the site opened, and since that there have been about 999.999.999 DEMO topics

but whatever

theres nothing to talk about

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE:

<STRONG>How many threads on demos do we have??? About 10 I reckon and im not discussing it again :mad:</STRONG>

And it'll hurt you to let other people discuss it anew, uninhibited by this sort of angst? I think not. :)

I hope really really soon, with all of the SW hype going on with the DVD release we all need a big dose of SW.

Also, I think it would be cool if the demo level was a different level than in the game, but it would also take more time to create which would mean the demo coming out later, so even though it is cool, I would rather see an in-game level.

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: ps2maddenman ]

The playable demo should come out AT LEAST 2 weeks to a month before the full game, IMHO.

It should be an "all new" episode of SP, to show off the engine but not give away a vital chunk of the SP game (so just like HL did with "UpLink"). The MP map should be a new one, though they could throw in an expanded version for the full game (like UT did).

Ideally that's what I'd like to see. Something that whets our appetite and gives us some idea what to expect with the full game, but doesn't ruin any suprises (but shows off the engine).

Kurgan

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Its all well and good saying make a new level, but these things take time and time is something we dont have in abundance.

I think they will release the E3 level. It will give us a chance to see the engine without ruining any of the actual gameplay.

It looks more impressive if they release the game in one go rather than just releasing level 1. It will take the fun out of it if we can load the game up and skip level one straight away because we have already seen it..

wardz

Archived