Home

What About The Navys???

darthfergie

depending on the game or scenario being played, i.e. in starcraft you need air units to defend certain aspects of the map. think about it, if you were on a space platform mission where you had a transport carrying troops, who would protect it in the air? in water, how would the gungan underwater houses be defended if there were not any water units? air and water can come hand in hand if you use them in the right scenarios. the only rts i can think of where they both came in handy was warcraft II...

nice points, people. i even found out i had a catch-phrase ! :D :D :D

I'm sure some hover-tanks can cross shallow-waters. In AOK, they made certain water-area's passable for units, so you could get from one island to the other on foot. Boats could cross those shallows as well, making them sort of like an intersection for water and sea.

In general, tanks and infantry won't be able to get into the water. the only possible exception i can think of would be Gungan-units, since their houses can be on land and in water already.

That way, Gungans would be sort of 'handicapped' if they played on Tatooine..

Water-units are seldom favored over time since they don't seem to give the same action as land-battles do..

Maybe with an air-force that can attack sea-units, it will change and we'll see some great three-way (land-water-air) battles..

So Openly Lame ?

Simply Out of Luck ?

Stuck On Lumberpoles ?

sorry, i'm not familiar with the expression. :D

I won't play sea-units at all, can you believe that ?! I don't with AOK, and so far the GB-sea-units haven't bowled me over yet. Air-units is a different story. i consider them a highlight of the game.

Guest Tie Guy

Don't forget that they will never play on Tatooine unless your playing MP.

Anyway, i agree with ya Leon, i only ever use fishing boats in AOk, but air units are a different matter, i will use them alot, or at least, alot more than the sea units.

Guest Tie Guy

Hmm, i never played TA, but i don't like how the air units were done in RA2. They couldn't attack other air units, they were strictly for ground bombing. I did kinda like the Rocketeers though. I don't think we have to worry about that though, the air units sound alot different than the ones in RA2. However, i thought that the sea units were handled very nicely in RA2, hopefully the ones in GB will be equally as good.

In RA2 they didn't even have migs, but in Yuri's revenge they have Migs again, but I hate to say this. This thread is about Naval Units. you can make your own thread to talk about Air Units. (Oh no, I am starting to sound like Leon.:eek: AAAAHHHHH!!!!)

HAH I GOT YOU NOW LEON. YOU WERE OFF SUBJECT TALKING ABOUT AIR UNITS!!!!!:D :D :D

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Tie Guy

However, i thought that the sea units were handled very nicely in RA2, hopefully the ones in GB will be equally as good.

See that, i'm quoting myself.

• 1 month later...
Guest Darth_Venage

hmmm, i think i posted this somewhere else too, but here goes:

Depending on the type of map, navies can have the same or more of an impact of the game. Sea has one of the long range siege units, the sige ship. As far as I know, there are no air siege units, so this adds a new dimesnion. I say keep the navies, and use me BOTH to your advantage. You forsake one, and someone will use that to their advantage...:D

Archived