Home

What would you do if..

AriBen_Kenobi

u know all Xbox games use x86 code...... i still don't understand why Obiwan aint for PC also they easily coulda done both.

Heck a Pentium Pro CHip, Ppro-PIII, with a Geforce III, should Be 99.9% compatible with all xbox games, bah the xbox is a totaly screwed up system. I dont really understand why MS choose to use off the shelf parts. It jus means somone is gonna emulate the System on a computer, probably a PIII first the later add some code changes to make it compatible with the P4, and Athlon, heck anyone that has win2k alrdy has the OS for Xbox, I bet the HD for da Xbox is formated in NTSF and can be read by a PC, heck i bet the cables from the drive to the Mobo on the XBOX are standard slots, witch means u prob could take the Hard drive outa the Xbox and read whats on it, speedin up the Emu PRocess 10x.... oh and DF III would never be on da Xbox for one reason DF 1,2 wasn't. You don't port ure squeals from one system to da next. its not good business sence, u rip up ure fan base u have established alrdy on that system\PC... It'd be like ripin Mario somthin and portin it to less say a celeco :D there was a mario game on da celecio anyone remeber dat?.

<hr>

<marquee>

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

</marquee><hr>

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Red_XIIII ]

You know... LEC is making Pod Racer 2 for the PS2 NOT the gamecube or nintedo 64, even though the 64 was the home of Pod Racer 1.

So it's possible that even though Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were made for the PC, it still could be possible that LEC could move JKII to the XBOX or another console system. I would be pretty dissapointed with LEC if they did that. But I'm not really looking forward to JKII too much at the moment. If JKII is made for a console system, then I'll jsut have to wait for Star Wars Galaxies to come out, and since that's 100% internet based, and is a constantly evolving game, I doubt it could be made for the PS2.

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder:

<STRONG>You know... LEC is making Pod Racer 2 for the PS2 NOT the gamecube or nintedo 64, even though the 64 was the home of Pod Racer 1.

So it's possible that even though Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were made for the PC, it still could be possible that LEC could move JKII to the XBOX or another console system. I would be pretty dissapointed with LEC if they did that. But I'm not really looking forward to JKII too much at the moment. If JKII is made for a console system, then I'll jsut have to wait for Star Wars Galaxies to come out, and since that's 100% internet based, and is a constantly evolving game, I doubt it could be made for the PS2.</STRONG>

yah but the Gamecube isn't out, and Podracer was on PC too, and that game had an insanly low polycount and texture res i thought. and DF was ported to the PSX and Sega Saturn i think, and was a huge flop they wouldn't make that same mistake again. i remeber some review staing that DF1 was hard to control and FPS was low on PSX

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Red_XIIII ]

Uh, for starters they couldnt. The X-box would never handle it. Also Raven wouldnt be able to do that these days because they only make PC FPS. And anyway, everyone has lost interest in the X-box now, so they wouldnt make enough sales, and if I remember they said that about the PC for obi-wan, how wrond lucasarts were :)

I would cry my witto eyes out, then I would sign a petition and rant and rave until LEC did what I wanted and put it back on PC.

I have no problem with ports, but when you promise a game on a platform I own, please follow through or risk my supreme displeasure as a consumer!

If you were asking if that would make me buy an Xbox.. sadly, no.

Anyway, all along I've sort of gotten the impression that the whole reason for starting JK2 when it did, was to make up for the fan backlash over Obi-Wan PC's cancellation. Sort of a way to "make it up" to the pc fans and keep them loyal. Which I have no problem with.

This would just be another slap in the face if they cancelled it. So they wouldn't...

Kurgan

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Oh, and yeah, Racer was on PC, PSX, and Dreamcast. DF1 was planned for the Saturn, but cancelled at the last minute (probably on account of the Sat's untimely demise). I've played the PSX port. Alright, but nothing compared to the Windows/Mac versions with mods...

A game like JK2 can only truly be done justice on a non-console platform, the way the industry currently functions (IMHO).

Kurgan

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Kurgan:

A game like JK2 can only truly be done justice on a non-console platform, the way the industry currently functions (IMHO).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen to that.

Amen to the Amen!

But didnt LEC claim to move obi wan to x-box because.. and i kinda quote "because of the limitations on pc" (not exact quote.. but thats the gist of it), **** that , what if they decide that jedi outcast is being limited by the pc too. hahaha im sorry if they announced something like that i would die of laughter, oh well, as everyone else says, i doubt they will do it, this is their one chance to make up to us the gamers for all the **** theyve put us through (from cancelling obi wan on pc, through to the last few games they have released which have sucked)i hope/doubt they would do it.. if not, just have to wait for unreal 2.

I remember that excuse aswell. And everyone said at the time by the time the game was ready for release the 2Ghz P4 would be available, and it is. We even have the GeForce 3 Ti's out. Compare the PC specs with the X-box specs....lol.

The reason why they did move it, was because of all the interest in the X-Box at the time, and they thought theyd get more sales. At the time there was only lots of interest because they announced that the X-Box would contain a 1Ghz Processor and the most we had on the PCs was a 700Mhz processor. Gradually they brought down the specs of the X-Box and now its crap. Lucasarts are probably gutted now.

I personally think when they announced the game they set themselves impossible goals which they could never achieve, as a result I think they did it out of embarrassment aswell. At least with Raven they are just saying little, so that if they run into a problem they wont dissapoint us.

I've said this before and I'm not in the mood to repeat it all again,

but LEC said Ob1 would be revolutionary with the glyph system and when things started to go a little wrong with it i.e it didn't work they panicked and pulled the plug because they didn't want all of us laughing at them..

which we all did anyway.

wardz

Archived