Home

Commandos

sniper1587246519

I realize beta testing is going on still, but I had to talk about the best imperial soldier in the Dark Forces Trilogy... THE COMMANDOS. The elite, the best, the cream of the crop. I'm sure people have had difficulties with these soldiers in past games, so you can now talk about them, and share your ideas on how they should look, should they have facial expressions, and any other way to improve them.

Yes, I agree they should all have a better selection of things to say.

As for the Commandos themselves - well, because they're not wearing substantial armour like the Stormies, I think they should be a lot faster ( the ability to run would be nice ), and a lot more evasive. They should dodge, duck, roll, dive for cover - even hit the dirt and start firing.

Of course they should also co-ordinate Stormie attacks, and try to outflank you.

I think they should also run for health packs and armour (if available), and pick up better weapons if they find them. This would help to reduce what is available to the player, and make fighting them more tactical and challenging.

They should be the Best of the Best of the Best. ;-)

Yeah, for once, instead of them facing danger like stupid mindless minions, I'd prefer them to say something like "That's it! I'm getting the hell outa here" or "Quick! Run for cover!"

I know they're all giving their lives to the empire and a lot of them would willingly die for a good cause...... but what about the ones who don't want to? Shouldn't we be seeing some yellow stained ST outfits, so to speak? I want to see them flee in fear! :)

Where hose guys with the silly hats ever "commandos" in anything else but the DF games? personally i would rather the armoured, elite, shock troop Stormies were slightly better, and they made unarmoured troops (like the "commandos") into the cannon fodder. (see Dark Force Rising etc...)

More that just smarter AI. Give the enemies some better tactics then charge & shoot. Toss a grenade. Call for backup. Cover Fire and retreat for an ambush. Place a mine. Lock a door behind themselves. Bring out a Heavy weapons team w/ tripode mounted gun. TIE strafing runs. AT-ST attacks w/ other vehicles (too easy if AT-ST is alone now).

Speeder bikes!!

Yeah i agree, but about the stormtroopers, they're supposed to be the elite shock troopers of the imperial forces but in the movies they sucked, they were always missing and doing stupid things.

But the ai on the enemies should be like half life where the grunts circle u, toss in frag, and use cover when reloading.

Facial animations would be cool but instead of looking at their faces, shouldn't u be hacking them in half? :D

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

I wanna see it where (as has been confirmed,) the officers rally and lead the stormies. But, what I also want to see is if you kill the officer(s), a commando in the group will take over, or will be called in to take over, or something like that. The commandos should also be like the special forces group where if you are wiping out a squad of stormies, and don't do it fast enough, they will call in backup of a squad of commandos. That would promote speedy work in the game if the penalty is having to face six or so commandos at once. And, they should make the game totally even to where the commandos can pick up your power-ups/weapon reloads. Anything you can pick up, the commandos can as well, which would also promote speedy kills so you can claim the power-ups before they do.

Archived