Home

PC Gamer article

matt--

Actually Rancor, I thought exactly the same thing, and magazines have a notorious record for putting misleading captions on screen shots. The reason I thought they are binoculars, and in answer to you question, is that either one of the recent previews or maybe James's report from E3 said the classic star wars binoculars are avaliable in game. Complete with static lines. Hoorar.

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: Syndrix ]

There were cameras in MotS. They weren't ALL that useful, but somewhat I suppose. You could take them out or use them to your advantage. Just because this screenshot is of binocs doesn't mean that there couldn't be cameras in the game though. :D

Guest Kurgan

There were cams in JK, but I don't recall if the SP campaign actually made use of them outside cutscenes (has it been that long??).

They were used extensively in user made levels though.

The ones in MotS looked a bit nicer too, more like they were actual security cams, instead of just a different camera view for the screen.

If you want to get technical, the 'nocks you see used in the SW movies are called "Macrobinoculars" and that would definately be cool to see in the game.

Kurgan

Kurgan

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Guest ZeroXcape

wardz: ouch, hehe. Fear not, JKII.net has begun sending probe driods over to Raven/LucasArts... hopefully something will turn up in the next month or two.

Guest Kurgan

Yeah, I would take the captions as just the author of the article's opinion (or attempt to be cute ; ) ), not authoritative information about the game.

That does look to me like the macrobinoculars from the movies (and identical to the ones used by Kyle in the JK cutscenes) and with Chang's comment, I think that pretty much settles it. ; )

Kurgan

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Magazine spoiler

Now!!!

Just got th mag today. Some really awsome screens there. Anyone catch the red mist coming from the stormie Kyle's slashing? Looks like blood, but not exactly SOF style. ;)

Also, in the best 50 PC games of all time, The Dark Forces series made #5, with Half Life #1. I would've preferred The Dark Forces series to be #1, but at least we got the top 5 right?

END SPOILER

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: JediKnight_114 ]

I haven't seen those pics you are all talking about, but I guess this "red mist" might be the best way LucasArts can integrate blood in the SW game. It kinda reminds me of a scene from the end of TPM when Obi-Wan slashes Maul in half: red mist can be seen right after Obi-Wan's strike when Maul "groans" momently in agony and then falls to pit...

Archived