Home

Jedi Outcast Beta

Guest Celestial

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure other developers would post here, too, if they felt we had anything we could definitely tell you... as a general rule, it's kind of a good idea not to say too much too soon about a game because things change... and there are other PR and marketing concerns.

I don't think the game will be rushed. We're working really hard, but the game is very solid and has plenty of features right now.

As for the lightsaber, I, myself, tend to favor using just the lightsaber and force powers, so I guess it's technically possible to play the game with just that, but might be a bit difficult.

As for what you can't do- one example is climbing ledges. Looks cool in third person, but would be totally freaky in 3rd. Besides, with force-jump, who needs to climb ledges? :)

Guest Celestial

Jedi Knight was a good game however lacked a ton of competitive community features.

I hope to see a change in Jedi Outcast of the following;

1) Dedicated servers (ZONE IS A JOKE)

2) A built in server list (SEE CS/TRIBES and a ton of other great games for info)

3) A sponsored ladder dedicated to Jedi Outcast only (www.teamwarfare.com started out like that for tribes and still remains the top ladder of that game)

That's all..for now.

Thanks.

im looking foward to that upcoming video showing off jk2.. im curious to see how Raven has improved upon how Jk's lightsaber movements and attacks, and how the force powers will turn out..

i especially want to see how grip and lighting are being handled, and what counters to them there'll be. :)

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]:

<STRONG>I don't think the game will be rushed. We're working really hard, but the game is very solid and has plenty of features right now.

</STRONG>

The question is, will Jedi Outcast turn out to be something special or is it just another project on the roster?

This is what a collegue of yours (clem) posted in the SoF 2 forum about a week ago:

In any case, there is one main reason that Raven doesn't put more into a project after it is finished and that is ... marketing. Activision has a market plan for every project and in most cases a game needs to get out on time because of this. Usually this market plan does not allotted enough time and so we have to bust our asses to get it done on time. There is a lot to lose if the games are not finished on time.

For example if we were to miss the finish date for Jedi Knight we could lose millions (in marketing alone) and this isn't including the fact that if one project slips, others slip. It is hard to assign someone to a project that is finished when there are other projects that really need people to make their deadlines.

The thread in question can be found here.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here, but reading that just fuels my doubts concerning JKO.

ChangKhan...thanks for all the information. We all really appreciate it. Good to hear about a few similarities with Heretic II, and a chance to complete the game using saber and Force. ;) I'm sure we'll all try it at least once.

Nice to hear it's solid and on track.

If it's possible to answer, do you think the game will be released simultaneously in the U.S. and abroad (such as Europe, Australia etc.)?

Keep up the great work. :cool:

Ur great ChangKhan.

I didn't mean to use as ahrd words as i did but i was going out so i jsut rushed the messagee.

I didn't mean that no ne cared what i meant was that at least 1 raven member is taking care of our questions and rumours.

Just 2 questions. (they're not really gonan give away much. but see in that screen shot where there is paltforms and kyle is looking up with the saber. is that a jumping puzzle or not.

And is it gonig to be a world-wide release. And if it's not can u pleeease beg to get it to be. (i'll beg for u) or do u not have any control over the release is it activision and lec who control all this?

There is a chat transcript at the Lucas Arts web site. I think the first few lines of the chat stated that JK2 was nearing completion, so you never know. Personaly I think JK2 was in development far longer than we were told. I remember well over a year ago rumers were going around the web that another JK shooter for the PC was being developed along with Obi-Wan.

Originally posted by Outlaw:

<STRONG> I remember well over a year ago rumers were going around the web that another JK shooter for the PC was being developed along with Obi-Wan.</STRONG>

rumers, i never heard any rumers about a year ago but then again i didn't have the internet a year ago.

dont mean to spam but one of the magazines in Australia (where i live) known as PC PowerPlay will have

"JEDI OUTCAST

We takean exclusive first look at this lightsaber-tastic new adventure"

end Quote

In next month issue. Might have some new news maybe...or not?

The Game will come soon...i've just day-dream-in about it.... :)

But a question beside this all:....how many of the Raven Games were MOD-able..ya know what i mean... ;)

I think the most of them were it....so i still belive that they will not made different to our most wanted JKO....

Just Look what the MOD-ders have done to the JK1...its amazing...Glowing Sabers Staffs alot of Maps...Skins...and a tuned Engine....the game is still alive and kickin....

To Santa Claus....:

Dear Santa..please i WANT the game...

and I would like to see Staffs in JKO...if possible.

Your biggest Fan... Myxale

:D

Yeah, Rave, you could be right...

I think LEC started looking seriously at a sequel to JK when people started having reservations about Obi-Wan on the PC. There were a lot of discussions about a sequel to JK on OWK.Net around the same period - way before the announcement that Obi-Wan would be X-Box only.

They could have entered into discussions with Raven late 2000, but according to that video interview at E3, the guy from LEC states clearly the project was green-lighted in February. So the guys at Raven probably started actually making the game then. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Maybe our friendly neighbourhood Raven-Dev could clarify the point. ;)

Wow... that's pretty freaky.my friend was born on the 6-6-69.... well i'm ok

4-3-86.

anyway our little friend "ChangKhan" has disappeared.

EDIT: sot of a friend of a friend

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Agen_Terminator ]

Archived