Home

interactivity with sabers

Matt Tanner

Yes... one idea can change the world... or at least revolutionize gaming. I loved Red Faction with it's Geomod tech. that allowed you to break through walls... now the big question... why not have this sort of technology with lightsabres!!! Be able to cut through walls! cut light poles and pillars in half, cut through blast doors just like in E1:TPM! It would quite probably make for the coolest SW game EVER.

just a short followup, lets try to get lucasarts to implement cool features like this... everybody wants more interactivity in a starwars game... game companies make it their business to provide gamers with what they want. not asking for a riot or anything... just get the ideas out there.

that WOULD be a good idea, and something very nice to have in the game, but it's taken the makers of red faction a long long time to create and perfect that technology.

with a planned release date of early next year, i think ravens gonna be flat out doing what they have :)

I don't think that if you calculate (programe) the way how a wall is broken by a LS there will be no need to have an insane amount of data...

The relevant thing would be having enough memory to save all the changes to the geometry of the level (that's why the dead have to dissapear, and the marks in the wall, etc.)

Perhaps, if Raven hasn't time to do it for the scheduled release date, we (the community, I mean :) ) should make our own patch for this one :D

The size of CD/DVD has no bearing on the interactivity of the environment. As was said, this is done by the program, and is only limited by RAM. Currently, other than cinematics, and music, the major use of space on CDs is growing to be high resolution textures.

Didn't you see the 3rd day e3 demo! The guy threw the saber and said something about interactivity. Then the saber hit a support, it fell down, and he used it as a bridge. Maybe this was a planned, scripted event. But I don't think so.

Archived