Home

What are you waiting the more : Jedi Knight 2 or SW Galaxies ?

pops2002

Guest ZeroXcape

Qui-GONE: KOR is like, 16-18 months away ;)

As for me, while I'll get both games... JKII is where it's at.

I haven't been waiting this long for a sequel to Jedi Knight only to not play it because some amazing MMORPG comes out...

How could I make such a shallow remark? Like this: Look how Force Commander turned out.

Even though it may not have the same engine, it's being developed with the same overseers, and so will most likely have a very similar style of gameplay. I can make any shallow remarks I'd like.

As for Rebellion, it was extremely addicting I agree. It was a supremely excellent way to waste time. About 3 hours would go by and I wouldn't notice. It didn't stay fun for very long though.

Yeah, I agree, Rebellion gets slammed unessesarily hard. If you take the time to learn it, it's actually a fun little game.

Oh the joys of building a fleet of 5 Super Star Destroyers, each one named after and having aboard a Dark Jedi whom I trained. And lets not forget their full compliment of Tie Defenders. I even had a Death Star I named the "Emperor's Hand" how cool is that?

The only drawback to that game is pi$$ poor AI. I could totally dig a Rebellion 2, just crank up the AI, and make it turn based, not real time. there really wasn't any reason that game should've been real time and not turn based. Except for the fleet battles that is.

The only similarities between FC and Battlegrounds will be Star Wars. FC was developed by LEC which had NO previous experience with RTSs...Battlegrounds is being developed by the creators of Age of the Empires, which is one of the best RTS series ever. Battlegrounds is gonna be 100% better than FC because it is using a proven engine and being created by an awesome team.

As far as Outcast and SWG...I am personally scared of SWG. If you think about how many people have lost their lives (!) to Everquest, think about what it will do to the people who play SWG! MIllions of people wish they could live in the Star Wars universe and this is going to give them their chance. SWG is gonna be like a drug to a lot of people which frightens me :). But, I think JKII will be a game that is more enjoyable to me. I just like FPSs better than RPGs.

Swoosh

Originally posted by Mafia_Jabba:

<STRONG>This isn't force commander nor the same engine, how could you make such a shallow remark like that?</STRONG>

Well I know. But they do have the same project leader if I remember correctly. I'm also a little skeptical about the RTS. I hope the graphics turn out ok, but you can expect AOEII-level graphics. They're only sprites after all. Nevertheless, I think it will be better than FC. Much better.

As for Galaxies or JKII, I'd have to say JKII, but I do want to get Galaxies as well.

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: Ice Man ]

Archived