Home

Raven possible #1 game developer?

Jordus1587246506

I recently visited Ravensoft.com to look at there titles..and almost all...infact all but maybe 1 of there titles was successful and well made. The old games in there time wowed us all, like heretic and others..Then the new age of the Quake III Engine came about and out came SOF...a well thought out and well developed game....then Raven took on the suicidal task of developing a not so popular TV shows game: Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. Many of us seeing this for the first time woulda thought "meh" but Raven infact made this game extremely fun and diverse...i always seem to get a chill runing down my back as i turn a dark corner to see 5 BORG standing there..and saying "We Are Borg, You will be assimilated"...and then fighting Klignons and such...and on top of it all you get to actually do missions inside Voyager itself..Raven has proven themselves time and time again...so there is no doubt in my mind, or the mind of most of the JK series fans that Raven will do a more than satisfactory job on JKII...

Guest ZeroXcape

It will be interesting to see if those Quake4 rumors come true. If so, Raven can release SOFII -> JKII -> Q4 all within a 2 year period. Impressive.

I personally hope the Q4 rumors are false just so that they give JKII more attention ;)

Guest ZeroXcape

rosen: The rumor going around is that iD is busy with New Doom and another unknown game; however, they want to license out Q4 to Raven. Once again, this is all rumor from about two weeks ago.

Most of the rumors started from this: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/story.cfm?sid=3008

From the Raven boards: http://www2.ravensoft.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000170.html

And finally: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/story.cfm?sid=3133

Needless to say, that last link got some people fired up. Here's what it says in a nut shell. (Taken from the last link above)

CVG has learnt that Raven Software, the developer of the ultra-violent first-person shooter Soldier of Fortune and Star Trek Voyager blaster Elite Force, has been working on Quake 4 for some time. As we reported on July 10, the development of the game was out-sourced by id Software for as yet unspecified reasons, but insiders are now pointing to the fact that the legendary developer simply wanted to focus attention on the astonishingly good-looking DOOM 3.

Activision is refusing to discuss the subject on or off the record, but several independent insiders, under conditions of strict anonymity, have now confirmed that the project is well down the line at Raven and will almost certainly be shown at QuakeCon. id Software has already confirmed it is to announce several new projects at the event, to be held in Mesquite, Texas on August 10. Power-coder John Carmack is to address the convention and be involved in a question and answer session.

Raven has long sat alongside id as one of Activision’s premier developers, and has taken charge of many of the publisher’s in-house Star Trek titles. Currently working on a sequel to Soldier of Fortune, the game that heaped notoriety on the outfit, Raven is currently staying absolutely quiet on the subject of Quake 4. Not, if those close to the game are to be believed, for much longer.

Maby we will find out what is going on this weekend :cool:

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: ZeroXcape ]

Archived