Home

I'm clan-less!

Ki-Adi-Mundi

X-box is fairly powerfull.. a PIII 733 cpu and a striped down Geforce III, and the geforce sound system and cpu have to fight for a lousy 64mb off DDR unified memory, hahahah thas 21.333 of memory for each compent. I don't expect very detailed games outa a Xbox or the res to be over 640*480, They doomed Obi-wan to crappyness on the switch to Xbox

Hmm, where do I start... Well, firstly, the xbox's GPU is in fact better than the GeForce3 in terms of the use it's designed for. It has more flexibility in terms of pixel and vertex shading. The unified memory is in fact a good thing, part of it means you never need to duplicate textures and the like in main memory and vram. It also has a very high bandwidth, which also helps in the bottleneck that is the GPU. The applies to both textures, and the passing of vertex information.

As for not going above 640x480... It's not meant to! TV's can't display any better, and how many people with HDTV do you know? 640x480 on a TV looks great! It comes with free FSAA, due to the way TV's display pictures, and it still looks great on 52in wide screen. It's not a limiting factor in any way. The xbox is an extremely capable machine, and will be producing games with graphical standards above the PC for a few months, until the PC catches up again, as happened with PS1.

Yo ! .....I was a member of some Jedi Knight clans ( JoF, R_Enegades, Rogue Squadron etc..) I would like to start a new JK caln ( who wouldn´t ...hehe ..... jsut thought we could discuss a new clan... I don´t need to be the leader...I jist can´t wait for JK 2 to hit the stores and it would be cool to be in a clan as soon as I get the game. So... anyone already with a good looking clan ? Or do I have to start my own...??? ( my 1 post :) ........I HOPE THE AVALANCHE win the CUP !!!

I'm sick of hearing about the xbox! We all know that Señor Gates has control over most computers, the internet, taco stands, and now he's trying to do the same with game consoles.

Go to console...You're in his grasp.

Go to Windows...You're in his grasp.

Migrate to linux, get a windows emulator...You're free!

• 3 weeks later...

actually the nf gunners are going to do fairly well as the game is going to be aim based 'cos no signs of splash damage weapons. as for ff, most ffers can't aim :p they become dependant and strategize based off of intense splash damage weaposn and powers - conc + destruction

Anyone o' ya ever srip an X-Box down to each damn individual component and EVER put it back together again without any shocks, flaws, faults, etc.? Then howcome everybody wnats an X-Box ? For the graphics ? For the Gameplay ? For the games ? Let's be realistic. Why shove out the money for a machine from a company that made it's console debut with it ? Why not get an emulator for your PC, a dedicated gaming platform ?

:D

Archived