Home

What......the.....(the title !!)

Guest Boba Rhett

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is very big news.... but you're right. i sincerely hope it's some kind of gag to get a feel for what people think. so far, it's definitely the most lame title they ever came up with..

It doesn't even SOUND right, does it ? And it sounds so incrediblý...obvious about the content of the movie that i'm inclined to believe it is a joke. Most other titles were more illusive. After all, they didn't name Episode IV 'Luke Skywalker Starts His Journey', right ?

hope it's a joke...

starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones is the full title for the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release in 2002.

Attack of the Clones?

COME UP WITH A CREATIVE TITLE LUCAS!!!!:mad:

MAN THE PHANTOM MENACE WAS A LITTLE CORNY ON THE TITLE BUT MAN NO NEED TO TOP THAT!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Please don't make this movie BAD too :ball:

Originally posted by darthfergie

starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones is the full title for the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release in 2002.

Attack of the Clones?

COME UP WITH A CREATIVE TITLE LUCAS!!!!:mad:

MAN THE PHANTOM MENACE WAS A LITTLE CORNY ON THE TITLE BUT MAN NO NEED TO TOP THAT!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Please don't make this movie BAD too :ball:

BAD fergie! You didn't put SPOILER! BAD!:D

Guest Boba Rhett

This quite possibly is the worst name ever created for any movie. I mean from all the cool and good names they could choose from, they choose that?! I hope the title doesn't foreshadow the movie....

So, if you report this as news, do I get credit for being the informant? ;)

yes you do, boba... ;)

Although i can't help but think that it's an april's fools-like joke somehow... does anyone remember how long before the actual movie the Episode 1 title became known ? That might give us a hint as to whether this is serious or not...

I already read a report that someone liked it and thought it was 'totally consistent with the rest of the titles'..

get real...

Guest Rogue15

EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would've been better if they'd just use:

Episode II: Invasion of the Clones or

Episode II: Assault of the Clones

attack of the clones though...well, i admit i like it.

Man I was sick of that title right when I saw it! So I emidiatly e-mailed McCullam the production Designer. I hope he heres me out or there is going to be hell to pay in the box offices. Poeple may say don't judge a book by its cover. do the majority of the people listen NO!!!:mad:

Guest ZeroXcape

I personally LOVE the title!! Honestly, what else could be better?

Well ... maby:

Episode II: Untitled

Fall of the Republic

Republic Downfall

Rise of the Sith

Galactic Supremacy

Republic Trechery

Clones, Clones, More Clones

Clonage

Déjà Vu

If StarWars.com posted the news, Lucas isn't going to change his mind on the name. Our only hope is that the site got hacked.

Guest Boba Rhett

Yes, I think if enough people rallied against it, It could be changed.

Of all the titles he could have chosen,

Rise of the Sith

Veil of the Sith

Rise of the Empire

hundreds more...

etc..

He chose this. Yep, Old man Lucas has finally lost it....

I don't think this is a joke. This is about the time when TPM title was released. :(

I just checked http://www.attackoftheclones.com and it IS registered.. no word on if it's been done by Lucasfilm or not..

Theforce.net's forums dislike the title as much as we do..

it simply DOESN'T ring.. sounds MUCH too contrived and is simply TRITE.

I'll check the next two days, hoping with all my heart it's a joke to throw us off guard, so George gives us the REAL title after two days of agony..

Guest Generalchang

AHHHHHH!!

This makes Epsiode II sound like a stupid '50's Space movie!

The clones from mars are coming! The clones from mars are coming!!!!!

What ever will we do?

Guest Tie Guy

How bout...."Episode II: The one where the clones attack and Anikan hits on the queen while also showing some dark side tendancies". I mean couldn't they be alittle more obvious :D

Seriously, THIS IS A JOKE. The name is, whether Lucasfilm is serious or not, it is a JOKE!!!!

I thought that "The Phantom Menace" was a pretty decent title, but they could at least be a little more through in their anem choice. Are they really that desperate on people with good ideas. I mean, we all could work at Lucasfilm, if we only had to think up names like that.

It's just a new name. A year from now it's been accepted as a real SW title. I must admit that I was ... surprised when I got the SW e-mail just 5 minutes ago (i just came home).

But hey, if you think of it. The Empire Strikes Back is a pretty lame title too ...

Guest Generalchang

(Burp, smrugle, vomit) How much of a dumbass has Lucas become since the original movies? His wealth has tainted the thing that made him become wealthy!

Guest Tie Guy

Hmm, that is a very good way of putting it. It does seem like the Movies have gone downhill a bit since the Special Edition came out. However, this is just a title, not neccessarily a projection of what the movie quality will be. If that's the name, we'll have to except, and hope and pray the movie is better than the name.

Archived