Home

New Forum Name Contest / Vote

Guest Aristotle

I like all this stuff about the Jedi, but it is Too close to the Jedi Temple name of the other room thingy. I think this should be just the normal population of the galzy without the mysterious powers of the jedi, so it should be The Galactic Senate or something like that. just the voice of the normal people.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Vader's Asthma Clinic, it's very original, and comical. :)

But there are people out there who would want a more sophisticated name. I guess I'm suggesting that Vader's Asthma Clinic is put in the poll at least, let the people decide!

Letalis, That is a very good point, I am beginning to like the aussies! (until the ashes start, but lets not go there.) If it can be put on the poll and then people can decide what they want.

To be slightly more serious, The Theed Hangar "notion" is where you can talk about anything and that is meant to be reflected in the name I have proposed. If you want serious discussion you have the main room.

My name may crash and burn and some people may find it a little silly, but that is the point! The Theed hangar is meant to be fun!

Cheers,

wardz

Originally posted by ChrisC3po

Currently we are planning on taking the best five or so names from this thread and put them in next week's poll. So right now we are just getting names.

[ June 26, 2001: Message edited by: digl ]

Guest Aristotle

Give up on the "Vaders Asthma Clinic" ... that one is not even making the poll... just doesn't get the point across... funny.. but out of place. :(

That would have probably won the poll, but If its not in the run I go for The Moldy Crow Cantina, Yodas Swamp or Wookie Woodstock (but I guess that wouldnt be considered either)

Guest Vagabond

Upon further consideration, I don't really like the Moldy Crow Cantina. As has been said before, Cantina has been overused as there's already one at JK.net. And besides, why would anyone, besides Kyle, name a cantina after his late ship?

So with that in mind, how about some of these alternatives:

Nar Shadda Hideout: a smokey hole in the wall, tucked safely at the end of a narrow, dimly lit alley on Nar Shadda. Here, smugglers and other unsavory characters often congregate, to discuss various aspects of their perilous careers, as part of the galaxy's seedy underworld, safe from the inquisitive ears of the authorities.

The Holonet: a technological marvel, connecting disparate beings and allegiances from across the galaxy in a virtual community, enabling unprecedented expression of ideas and communication.

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

Aristotle,

You may take my forum name, but you shall not take my FREEDOM!!! Its a consipiracy, it would have won hands down. :D

So I presume that means I shall have to vote for another more politically correct name then doesn't it? :mad:

ok, i give up. But I don't see how "Wookie Woodstock" is any better than mine, and its not even funny. Just rolls off the tongue cos of the alliteration.

My new vote goes to "Yoda's Swamp."

wardz

sort of. assonance is where you make two different words half rhyme, like swan and stone.

alliteration is like the Slippery Snake Slid on the Ice. Repeating the same sound S's and C's.

That kind of thing, anyway this detracts from the point.

wardz

I think It cant be the Holonet because Its already used at theforce.net, and It must be something original

Holonet

Its also true that cantina is overused

I think I vote for Yodas Swamp

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: digl ]

Archived