Home

JKII.net design I've been working on

TornSoul

I've been working on a new design for JKII.net. I think it turned out pretty good.

I tested it in IE 4.0 and 5.5, NS 4.0 and 6.0 and Mozilla 0.9.1 (NS 6.1). It works best in IE 5.5, but it also works fine in the others. If there are any problems with it, please tell me. (I know the server might be slow)

Remember this is only a design, so most of the links etc don't work. I used part of the front page of today to show what it looks like with text in it.

Here it is!

Looks good, did you code the cascading menu yourself? Nice and clean code.

I think to top image bar is a little big thoug, it takes up a lot of space when you're in 800 x 600. But I don't know how many visitors of JKII.net are using that resolution...

sorry man but I don't really like it...

It's too dull, there should be more gfx in it

and the upper pic could use some improvement, not only graphically but at least add a big JediKnightII.net to it.

You've got your coding done straight tough, it looks nice and clean :)

Luke your graphics aren't really better than seryl's (spelling)...and I remember when I was on 56k that page (clanpages.com) took FOREVER to load

his design looks a LOT better than the current one...gj dude

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: Mafia_Jabba ]

This is just a first draft. I made it in 10 mins or something.

Thanks for all the comments. They've been very helpfull. Sometimes it's hard to see the flaws in your own designs. I'm working on an improved version and I'll probably post it here sometime next week.

Looks good, did you code the cascading menu yourself? Nice and clean code.

I made that code for a different page that I never really used (yet).

I'm viewing it in 1024x768, there's a lot of room down the sides, any plans for it?

I hadn't really thought about that yet. I might see how it looks with a texture, but other than that I don't think I can do much with that space. Do you have any ideas?

It's too dull, there should be more gfx in it

and the upper pic could use some improvement, not only graphically but at least add a big JediKnightII.net to it.

I agree, kinda. But like I said, this is just a first draft. I'm trying different things right now to see how it looks.

his design looks a LOT better than the current one...gj dude

Thank you. Thank you :D

Dude I never said I was better at all,

I was telling him if he needed any pics I could help him...

get your facts straight man

BTW the clanpages site loads slow cuz it's almost 100% picture (only the text section (white)) isn't).

I know that but hey, they ,ppl from CP.com, wanted it this way so let them be :)

Also, as I can recall Seryl's asking for comments, so I give 'em.

Got a problem with that?

And Seryl, as I also mentioned in another post, you'd loose the big grey bg if you use frames...just a small tip, but I think you prefer to use tables right? anyway :)

So yeah it's not bad for a first draft!

I appoligize for being a ***** about the gfx ;)

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: GE_Luke ]

Guest ZeroXcape

Nice job Seryl. That is exactly the reason we have our current design. With our "frame based" design, we can convert our whole site to what you put up in less then 30 seconds. In less then another 30 seconds, we can make every page blue. :)

Just <a href="http://www.jediknightii.net/news.shtml">go here</a> and imagine I add a "center" tag, and "img" tag on top, and I change the color RED to BLUE. We're quite flexible ;)

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: ZeroXcape ]

Archived