Home

Sierra

Mafia_Jabba

Guest Krayt Tion

*cue knee-jerk reaction*

Allow me to turn that thumb right upside down. The nature of most businesses is to make money, but I would still like to think that the interests of the computer game industry reside more in exploring creativity then, say, your average stock broking firm.

Sierra really disappoints me in this regard. It took me a while to get over the Middle Earth fiasco... that was shaping up to be a great game.

Before someone starts blabbing out Half-Life, please take some time to consider all the developers they've forced to release unfinished games for their dollarly pleasure and all the devs they kick out on their asses when they are done using them like cheap hookers (most recent victim: Dynamix).

To their credit, Sierra is considered by many to have been a godsend in early PC gaming. Too bad they aren't the same company they once were. They've been going downhill as of late and yes there is talk about Sierra being a CompanyNoMore. If that happens I shall weep not for the Sierra of late.

Guest Jeff Walters

Sierra can kiss my backside. Read a description of the way they treated the Dynamix staff when the fired the lot of them. Sick.

while i agree with most of your comments you have to remember one thing...they have to make a profit...non profit companies dont survive...and the fact of the matter is that the games industry had become a lot more cut throat...to expand you need to make money - to make money you have churn out quick fire certain hits at high speed...

Archived