Home

Ok guys...Max Payne. How will my system run it?

G.P LeChuck

LOL Voodoo banshee? haha that thing cant even do 2 textures at once on a single pass! get rid of that ancient thing heh.

A gf2 is supposed to be able to handle 4 i think, but in all ure system is fine if u ditch the voodoo banshee. I wouldnt get a geforce tho for a system under 700mhz tho try finding a voodoo 5 u can have 4x Anti Aliasing for free on older systems like that unlke a geforce would slow ure system down on a system that slow, with AA on anyway, as its all done in software.

Well... I wondered if I could run it, because my friend runs it on a 660mhz thingy, with some crappy ATI-card. I think it's even more crappy than my Banshee...

Red XXIIII (or whatever), I will NOT get a Voodoo 5. I'm saving up for a new computer for when JO comes. Aaaah...it's gonna be great. My comp is from 1999! Oh well. We'll see. My friend has Max Payne. Maybe I'll just borrow it from him and see if it runs.

And if it DOES... Gonk and Red XIIIII must EAT THEIR WORDS!!! ;)

I ran it on a:

P4 1.4 GHz

128MB RAM (i know i know. I'll get more some day)

geForce2 32MB

I did encounter ONE problem. A graphic glitch. Sometimes the Max's head and hands were not synchronized with his body so he looked like a cartoon. And towards more glitchs appeared:

-if there was an enemy left in a room but he is not in my current screen. All the corpse's head would float in the air and be a mirror imitation of the last guy.

-Sometimes they had no body until I killed them

-If I killed some enemy, and from a distance they still stand. But when I move closer then go back to the ground. Like they are too chicken and are hiding.

Lets just say I wasted a lot of bullets with these glitches.

heh last time i had a voodoo banshee was in my P166, thats jus how old the card is, and a voodoo5 is dirt cheap and offers more perfomance in anygame that does not USe HArdware texture and lighting, eg like JK mots etc, the geforces only benfit in games like these are its DDR memory and its core clock speed, other then that it behaves like a TNT2 in non HnL games. heh read the specs on it if u dont believe me heh and the other reason a recommend a voodoo5 as i got one for 30$ heh no box and used but i threw it into one of my older comps a Celron 333 with 192mb ram it had a voodoo III in it before hand and got a score of 894 in 3dmark 2000, while the V5 got a score of 3600 in the same system, its easy to say they are a bang for ure buck on older systems, tho i wouldn't use it in a system like my main one, that i use my Geforce II and i got 2 old voodoo II's in SLI mode for games that dont work correctly on the Geforce.

• 5 weeks later...

Earlier today i downloaded 3dMark2001, and got a score of 1334 :( . My system is a P3 733 MHz, 128 MB Ram, and i have a 16 MB nVidia Vanta video card. I'm going to buy some RAM soon, and i'd like to update my video card too. Would a GeForce 2 run on this machine? I won't be using this computer, when JKO comes out, cuz i plan to buy a new computer by then, but i'd just like to have this computer running decently til then.

Click Here Is this a good price for a GeForce 2?

[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: BluRR ]

Absolute minimum?

I play at 800x600 with all the details and **** on "full". Of course, I can't do that T&L-thing, or 32bit colour or antialiasing, but all other than that is maxed out!

The game only chops at certain areas, the rest of it is fine!

There's your "almost", Gonkh8er!

Archived