Home

Space World 2001

Obi Kwan

Thank you, Nintendo, for ruining the greatest console series of all time: The Legend of Zelda.

Also, thank you for convincing to completely give up on consoles. The others are far too expensive, and you just ruined the main reason for me getting a Nintendo console. At least I'll have some extra cash this holiday season for important things.

Idiots.

Do you really think all hope is lost? I see this game as more of a side project to the zelda series, and you have to admitt there have been a few crappy zelda incarnations in the past (i mean look at that awful cartoon or the the new gameboy games where link runs around in a kangaroo...) I think by showing us a fully rendered Link in Smash Brothers Melee and in the teaser at the 2000 space world with ganondorf that Nintendo intends to continue a more realistic zelda in the future.

and you have to admitt there have been a few crappy zelda incarnations in the past (i mean look at that awful cartoon or the the new gameboy games where link runs around in a kangaroo...)

OK, first, a cartoon is not a video game. And second, those gameboy games are excellent from what I hear. About as good as gameboy can get. I haven't played Seasons/Ages yet, but I hear that they are excellent.

Truly I wouldn't mind a top-down version of Zelda on GameCube, compared to this trash.

When I was reffering to the cartoon and the recent gameboy games, I was just trying to point out that the Legend of Zelda franchise has not been free from imperfections. IMO it is a serious series, but there have been times when it was humorous and sometimes pretty cheesy. All of the games have parts to them that break the epic quality and seriousness of the storyline. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of Bunny face Link had when he was in the Dark World of A Link to the Past, etc.

I was really disappointed to see the Zelda series go this way. I've always been a fan, and I've enjoyed all of them.

I'm not sure if I'll get a Cube now, after having thought about it for a while.

Obi Kwan, it's true what you say, but those instances have been small parts of an otherwise serious game. This game does not look serious at all. It is a cartoon gone wrong. Bah!

Guest ChrisC3po

Although I was quite surprised about the new look for Zelda, I'm starting to like it. Shiggy almost never puts out a bad game, if he thinks it's promising I'll believe him. I've got to aggree with him that a bit of inovation is needed for all of console gaming, better graphics and more polygons seems to be all that video game makers are concerning themselves with.

:eek:... :mad:... :o... :(... and now: =|

I dunno... I would probably be more accepting if this wasn't a Zelda game. It's just too geared to Japanese kids, as it seems. The visual style is growing on me a bit, but it's still not Zelda.

When I was thinking of Zelda for the Cube, I was thinking an adult Link exploring, dark, smokey stone castles, and wandering through a foggy dark forrest with any wild bird swooping down at you and Link navigating his way around. (We got basically no spooky castles or dark forrests for the N64 games, and not really a courageous adult link saving princess Zelda. The proceeding is just what the pinnacle of a Zelda game could be for me, all realized with the Cube's power.)

And also, Zelda: Link's Awakening is probably about my favorite Zelda game; right up there with A Link to the Past. Just sooo many great hours of gameplay and variance.

Archived