Home

What to buy? , What to buy?

nykel007

those games mentioned are all good (If you dont have Max Payne you must get it), but what kind of game are you looking for?

If you want a strategy game get Civilization III, very good game

B&W, giants

To mention some not FPS games

If you want a mp FPS I would go with RtCW

Red Faction SP seemed very good to me, but I only played the demo

Serious Sam was serious fan IMO, and It should be very very cheap now

If you want to make kills by thousands (literally)get that game, Its also fun playing coop in the harder levels

Here some of my favorites.

Clive Barker's Undying - shame that more people don't know about it. I actually had more fun playing this game than Max Payne.

No One Lives Forever - James Bond * 20

Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now - Most sick twisted fun you'll ever have, if you can handle it...

Giants - Most amazing looking envronments ever. Really quite a moving experience combined with the music of Jeremy Soule. Digl, I reckon its both a FPS and a third person game. I didn't realize that until the second time I played through it.

Star Wars X-Wing Alliance - really makes you feel like your part of something grand.

Zork: Nemesis - OUTSTANDING puzzles, and one of the best soundtracks ever for a game, hands down

Deus Ex - gameplay is good but standard, however, the level design, characters, story, and music MORE than make up for it. more of an RPG than action but a FPS nonetheless.

System Shock 2 - one of the best stories ever incorporated into a game. Will make you lose your mind if your not careful.

And of course Jedi Knight which you no doubt already own.:)

You won't be disappointed with any of these, hope this helps.:D

Originally posted by SlowbieOne

"...System Shock 2 - one of the best stories ever incorporated into a game. Will make you lose your mind if your not careful..."

way too scared to play SS2 ever again. i remember playing it. i couldn't stop jumping outta my chair and screaming!!! i never finished it alone. i finished it with a friend. ONLY GET THIS IF U DONT HAVE HEART PROBLEMS! so lucky i dont have heart problems cause i would have been dead ater playing that!

Yes, I'd definitely recommend getting JK. It will give you a good background to JK2, and get you used to using the Force and saber. Although their use might change slightly in JK2, playing with them in JK will get you into the right mindset.

As far as others go...if you like a good Hack'n'Slash try RUNE, or maybe Severance: Blade Of Darkness. Heretic II is definitely a fun action/fantasy game, and one of my favourites. No One Lives Forever is a cracking game too, if you like a bit of 60's spy spoofing. The original Unreal is still quite playable, and on budget release at the moment. Outcast is also a nice game (with a great soundtrack). If you're a fan of RTS titles, I'd have to recommend Cossacks. I've played the demo twice now...each time for nearly 6 hours, so I think I'm hooked on it, and I'm not a fan of RTS games. ;)

Strange that no one mentioned Half Life, which is still available with it's add-on Opposing Force. They might be dated, but they're still very playable. :cool:

Dark Forces over and over again? Heck no! Without a save feature, DF is just frustrating and annoying to replay, no offense to the fans over there. It's a good game, just doesnt' lend itself well to replay, IMHO.

JK on the other hand is a great game to screw around with, using force, exploring, trying new stuff out, etc.

And you can save anywhere. ; )

As far as screwing around goes, The Sims series is good, and so is Deus Ex. Also, AvP Gold is a great Single player game.. and gentler on your system than AvP2.

Kurgan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived