Home

3rd person action and adventure, yo

Spaceball_One

i was playing MAX PAINE the other day, and i thought to myself... gee, in JEDI KNIGHT 2 they should really put in crosshairs when you're in 3rd person perspective. that way, people who like seeing KATARN do some ownage (from outside his perspective) can still play the game to the fullest, without the hassle of clumsily shooting about. MAX PAINE provides "crosshairs" for the player, however, its done very poorly (all you see is a little white dot) but hey, at least you know where you get to shoot! i think that real crosshairs should be placed in the 3rd person perspective (if anything though, it should be when KATARN has a blaster pulled, i don't really see it as being necessary when his lightsaber is drawn) so fans of 3rd person shooters can have just as good of a time as all of you hardcore 1st person shooters!!! reply to this ish and voice your opinions! maybe its not too late for some RAVEN schmuck to read this and take it into considersation!!!

peace out, yo

SPACEBALL 1

Welcome to the forums, Spaceball_One. Hope you enjoy your stay. Here...

*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

There you go. ;)

Now, as the others have stated above, if you check the recent screenshots, you will clearly see a 3rd person crosshair. As for not needing a crosshair for the lightsaber, I disagree. With the Ghoul 2 system in place, you should be able to conduct more precise targetting of your opponent's body, and I believe a slash to the head will probably lead to quicker kills. So the crosshair will serve a purpose when using the lightsaber. :)

And please, don't call any of the Raven guys schmucks...they are one of the best game developers going, and they do their best to listen to their fan base, and make changes to their games as necessary. Not many developers are so open, or take feedback on board. :cool:

Originally posted by Spaceball_One

i was playing MAX PAINE the other day, and i thought to myself... gee, in JEDI KNIGHT 2 they should really put in crosshairs when you're in 3rd person perspective. that way, people who like seeing KATARN do some ownage (from outside his perspective) can still play the game to the fullest, without the hassle of clumsily shooting about. MAX PAINE provides "crosshairs" for the player, however, its done very poorly (all you see is a little white dot) but hey, at least you know where you get to shoot! i think that real crosshairs should be placed in the 3rd person perspective (if anything though, it should be when KATARN has a blaster pulled, i don't really see it as being necessary when his lightsaber is drawn) so fans of 3rd person shooters can have just as good of a time as all of you hardcore 1st person shooters!!! reply to this ish and voice your opinions! maybe its not too late for some RAVEN schmuck to read this and take it into considersation!!!

peace out, yo

SPACEBALL 1

I agree in Max Payne you could barely see that cross hair, actually for a while i didnt think there was one until I stopped and strained my eyes to look for it.

In JK2 there IS indeed a cross hair in third person.......

screen022.jpg

.....see :)

Archived