Home

What do you think of infantry?

darthfergie

What do you think about the set up of the infantry?

Troopers

The trooper line is your basic unit and all trooper are built in the Troop Factory. These are the only units available to you during TL1 and TL2. Aside from the grenade trooper, they are largely ineffective vs mech units.

Foot soldier TL1: These are your basic combat troops and all of them have a ranged attack. As you upgrade them they gain movement speed, hitpoints, greater attack, and an increased rate of fire. In the early ages they are the counter for the mounted troopers.

Mounted Trooper TL1: These fast moving troops are strong early raiding units with a bonus vs buildings, but are quickly stopped by foot soldiers. A nursery is required to produce mounted troopers

Grenade Troopers TL2: Mech counter units. They lob grenades which have a small area effect.

Anti-Air Troopers TL2: Air counter units.

:snow::trooper::snow::trooper::guard: :guard:

Guest Tie Guy

Why don't they have better infantry in level 3 and 4? They should have a "champion"-like unitthat is really good in the 4th tech level. Why stop it in the 2 level?

That is just when you get the first of them TIE Guy. Exept in this one you have much MORE than AoK in that you only had 2 regular infantry units. In this you now have 4. Don't worry I am sure they all have techs upgrading them. They are only talking about the basic unit here.(militia-foot soldier, pikeman-grenade trooper)

Guest Tie Guy

Oh, ok, good. It sounds alot like they mean that those are the only ones you can get, period. I hope that ain't the case.

Yeah the grenadiers sound cool. With small splash damage taking out mech units it would be interesting to see what kind of combinations we will use for effective attacks and defense.

Rommel Mr fixit didn't actually update yet. He just teased us with some info on troopers.

Guest Tie Guy

Hey A-wing Guy, you better not be from RS.net, otherwise, welcome :D

I'd like to see missles for the anti-infanrty, like you said Leo, and the grandiers sound really cool. I wanna see one of those things explode. Will it be more like a thermal detonator, or will it just be an explosion? Oh, and the thing said that they lobbed the granades.

i'd say bring 'em all over here.. :D

welcome, awingguy.

I'm relieved that infantry can take out air-units. In games like Total Annihilation air-units could break a game wide open and you seldom seemed to have enough anti-air towers.

At least you won't have to build whole woods of towers here.

But will an anti-air unit be able to fire on other soldiers as well ?

Guest Felix29

Well, it supposedly does "splash damage" and to hit aircraft it would have to have better than average accuracy, so I believe that it could take out infantry with relative ease

Awing guy, you mention splash damage, while Tie, you question the type of explosion.

What i've seen of explosions so far, they seem like the nice bitmap-explosions from the X-wing games (remember them), so you'd basically have that with an invisible shockwave... ?

that would cause the splash damage i guess.

oh, and Awing guy, you might want to vote on some polls. i know some people are aching for it.. :D

Guest Tie Guy

I was here first! :D

Anyways, what i meant by a Thermal detonator explosion is that they produce an hug fire ball that incinerates the target at an extreme heat (hence the name) and then collapses on itself causing even more damage. A regular explosion creates a little fire, but the shockwave caused does most of the damage, see the diference? Anyway, i just thought it would be cool to see thermal detonator explosion.

Guest Tie Guy

They were very effective against air units, but they weren't very effective against anything else, although they could still attack it.

Archived