Home

Rhett's trivia of the day for Dec. 15th!

Boba Rhett

Remember the game Duck Hunt? I sure do. I would sit and wonder how the heck the guns worked. How did the tv seem to magically know that the gun hit those accursed ducks?

Here's how it really works:

The gun isn't thing thing firing the "shot". The TV is the culprit! When the trigger on the "gun" is pulled your Nintendo tells your tv screen to momentarily darken but not all the screen is darkened. A white duck target momentarily appears as bright as ever. Then the fancy gun shaped trigger your holding uses the sensor it has stuck to the end of it to pickup wether or not there is a bright spot in front of it.

Now all we have to figure out is how we can capture and neuter that damned laughing dog. :mad: He wont be laughing then!

*mewwhohahahahahaha*

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Remember the game Duck Hunt? I sure do. I would sit and wonder how the heck the guns worked. How did the tv seem to magically know that the gun hit those accursed ducks?

Here's how it really works:

The gun isn't thing thing firing the "shot". The TV is the culprit! When the trigger on the "gun" is pulled your Nintendo tells your tv screen to momentarily darken but not all the screen is darkened. A white duck target momentarily appears as bright as ever. Then the fancy gun shaped trigger your holding uses the sensor it has stuck to the end of it to pickup wether or not there is a bright spot in front of it.

Now all we have to figure out is how we can capture and neuter that damned laughing dog. :mad: He wont be laughing then!

*mewwhohahahahahaha*

Thank you Rhett...

You don't knowhow many times I had wondered that...I came up with all kinds off goofy solutions like "TVs were built with Nintendo Sensors in them" or "The Nintendo would notice the hight of your gun and see if it was close or not". My mind is finally at ease...

Archived