Home

grim fandiago secretes(sp?)

Jedi_Knight

Wow, you've played Grim Fandango? Kudos. Sorry if I seem surprised, but I don't think we get too many SW fans who are interested in adventure games.

:manny:

The easter eggs I've spotted on my own are all in year 2 or 4. Max and the Corley Motors (from Full Throttle) logo are tatoo options in the tatoo parlor in Rubacava. There's a spinning Corley Motors sign in Nuevo Marrow as well.

PS: It's secrets, not secretes :). That means something completely different.

GF doesn't have too many secrets. Nor secretions for that matter. A few graphic injokes that have already been mentioned (but the Corely sign in N. Marrow doesn't spin).

Year two is a sustained reference to Casablanca: Manny and Glottis are dressed like Bogart is in some scenes (white-jacketed tuxedo); Bogen looks like Prefect Renault; Blue Casket = Blue Parrot. There are a few other things along those lines in year two.

Casablanca also shows up in the rest of the game, too. Hector's wears a fez just like Sydney Greenstreet's character does; and Hector is fat like Greenstreet. Greenstreet's character isn't a villain in Casablanca but he is in The Maltese Falcon. The Double-N tickets could be a Casablanca reference, too. Specifically, to the movie's coveted (and nonsensical) 'letters of transit'.

Archived