Home

Which LucasArts Adventure Would You Rather a Sequel For instead of Monkey Island?

Bobbin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by duder

thanks for the domestic guys...how about pm!

Look at the discussion. I did not start it. And I certainly don't want to continue this. I even made a suggestion to the moderators... but I guess they think this is interesting enough to not lock it up.

Originally posted by Haggis

Look at the discussion. I did not start it. And I certainly don't want to continue this. I even made a suggestion to the moderators... but I guess they think this is interesting enough to not lock it up.

like i said......just come online and we'll discuss this

or just let me know RIGHT HERE why you are so mad at me so sudden!!! It isn't fair!

Originally posted by Junaid

guys, just post ontopic from now on! :)

I saw my name in a few posts, so I think it's an obligation to post :)

Isn't it a little late for that Jun? Can't you understand that Haggis thinks that talking won't help? Spamming this forum will surely not make him think otherwise.

Oh yeah, haggis, although you tried to stop this nonsense, and although it was very funny, you shouldn't have responded.

And where the hell are the moderators?? They should have locked this topic after the 7th post or so.. :(

Oh yeah, and to get back on topic ;):

I think that Monkey Island is a top adventure serie, but I also really enjoyed Maniac Mansion, DOTT, etc. A new adventure game from LucasArts is always welcome. But in my opinion Grim Fandango wasn't funny (also not meant that way). So to make sure they make another killer-adventure-game it is very smart to make another Monkey Island game because it has got a lot of fans.

If they make a MI 5 (I think there's a fairly good chance), I would not be dissapointed if they would change the gameplay a bit (EMI introduced 3D to the series) to stay up-to-date.

For the people who think that LA reads this kind of crap.. I hope not, because that would be a waste of their time :)

Originally posted by Haxaty

For the people who think that LA reads this kind of crap.. I hope not, because that would be a waste of their time :)

I actually read (yes, I do read sometimes) that they visit these kind of forums, but they don't post there. This is to see what lives among the LEC fans. I believe I saw this on one of the "Ask LucasArts" questions.

now for my first ontopic post in this topic....

Most of all, I'd like to see Monkey Island 5

Another Day of the Tentacle would be nice too!

I also love to see Grim Fandango 2, but i suppose that doesn't come because GF had a good ending (altough i still think it's wrong to seperate Manny & Glottis :( )

• 2 weeks later...

I cna't believe that domestic went on for more than a page. Insane. ONTO the topic, I think that strategy games should always be in 2D. COMI was the best monkey island, 2 the worst, MI4 was pretty bad. Good story, but the characters seemed so wooden. what was with murray's part? there was nothing? surely lucasarts knew everyone loves murray! Anyway, a sequel for DOTT would be pretty cool, that game was funny. In 2D. But I think the most immediate need for a sequel (in 3D. Or maybe 2D... no it looked quite good in 3D) is INDIANA JONES AND THE INFERNAL MACHINE!!!!! Man that was a good game. I love Jones. That'd be a kickass sequel. I suggest a game based on how everyone's always looking for Noah's Ark. I use the term 'everyone' very loosely, of course.

Or perhaps better YET, because Infernal Machine was so kickass and such a good format for Jones, they could do 3D game versions of.. wait for it.. all three Jones movies!! Hear me out, one every year or two. Maybe three. I've always wanted to see that in decent 3D, to let us relive our favourite parts of the classic movies. Like how Piranha software is coming out with a new Die Hard game, despite the age of the movie. Of course in the new Jones games they'd show parts/adventures not originally in the movie, for variety and lack of predictability. Spontaeity, even. Don't correcy my spelling.

But keep the new Jones games in Third person tomb raider style. That was definitely the best choice.

Okay, thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DOTT!!! DEFINITELY DOTT

DAY OF THE TENTACLE 2!!! THAT TITLE SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

IF ANYONE HERE DIDN'T PLAY DOTT, DON'T WASTE TIME HERE, GO AND PLAY IT!

But Monkey Island is not worse than DOTT so I wish there could be a sequel to both of them - IN ONE WORD: MI AND DOTT ROCK!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived