8mb video card with direect 3d

Heavyarms

The following is a quote on a graphics card a cnet.com

XPERT 98 PCI 8MB WIN 98 2D/3D ACCELERATOR

List Price: N/A

Lowest Price: $32.46 Price drop alert

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Part Number: 100419031

or click the link to see full specs on the card.

http://www.ati.com/na/pages/products/pc/xpert98/index.html

I hope this helps out a bit. If i happen to be posting the wrong info, let me know.

yeah, they are pretty easy to install as long as you read the directions. Just dont buy a card that is same same size as your case or larger. I bought a voodoo 5500 agp card for my old computer about 1 1/2 year ago (i think) and it was the exact size of my case. becasue of the placement off all the stuff inside the case, i had to move the hard drive (which was mounted really strange) and a few other things so i could get the car to fit. of course, with the 8 mb card you shouldnt have much of a problem, unless you have a really small case. Hope this helps.

by the way, what is your system like???

how fast is it

what processor

hard drive

manufacturer

and all the other good stuff

i am just tryin to see if an 8mb card would really be worth it. you may need more ram to go with it or somethin. but i would like to know the specs. please post them if you can.

well, if you are willing to spend the money i would just go get a new system. i saw an ad for an e-machine for like $350. up to you though. seems like a 8mb card should do the trick. the only other thing to worry about would be the ram. your machine, your choice. i just pass along the advice.:D

what are the RAM requirements for most of the games you play??? running below will definitely reduce game performance. running at their recommened requirements will give you average game performance. and running above will of course give you the best performance. (not that this has the greatest affect on the graphics, but... it helps) but, hey, if it aint the games soaking up the ram, its applications.

Archived