Home

Frontpage

Eets

Alright, how do I upload a site through frontpage?

I just dusted it off from my closet because the site i'm working on only has frontpage extensions, and so I need your help.

Please don't respond with an "I don't know" or the like. I'd appreciate serious answers.

Ok, I don't have it but I'll take a stab at answering it.

1. File>Publish Web

2. When the box come up, enter the name of were it's going.

3. Click on Publish.

4. When prompted, enter your username and password.

5. Wait for the files to transfer. When it's done you will see a confirmation box.

Hope that helps.

well ill tell you what i know which is very little

if your talking about microdoft frontpage

you make your page and then click on the html tab on the bottom to get everything you typed normally into html script

then your site should have something like html insert and copy paste it there and everything you did should appear in it normal state

Ok Eets, there are 2 ways (that i know) to upload it.

1. Preview the HTML and paste it on the editor on the internet. You shouldn't do this so see #2

2. Export the pages to HTML (which i think is the default for Frontpage) and then upload them onto the site and link directly to the HTML file.

Either way, make sure that you upload EVERYTHING (pictures, buttons, etc. ) you used on the site into the server directory, whereever that might be. You may have to change some of the file sources, but if you did it like you are supposed to and made them all relative then you won't.

I really use Dreamweaver myself, but either of the above should work.

Archived