Home

Lucasfilm confirms 'NSYNC in Episode II

Vagabond

at least GL's daughter is gonna like it... sort of liek Dawson's creek with lightsabers. :D

everyone i went with thought the Romance trailer made the film look REALLY DULL. I guess that is the flaw in this tactic of releasing themed trailers.... if people only catch one of them then it can give a totally distorted idea of what the film is about.

the problem i had with the NSYNC cameo wasn;t really the fact that they are dire, i wouldn't even recognise them, but that is the sort of thing that DATES a film REALLY QUICKLY. In 2 years time who is gonna remember N'SYNC???

Putting current pop culture references into a film (especially a sci-fi future film) is a really easy way to make that film date quickly. Just watch 80s films with pop hairdos, outfits and bands.

Apart from the haircuts, the original trilogy has aged pretty well, but if it had had cameos from the begees and people saying "ffar out man!" it would look really silly now. episode 1 already had enough contemporary american slang in it to make it age badly...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by toms

Putting current pop culture references into a film (especially a sci-fi future film) is a really easy way to make that film date quickly. Just watch 80s films with pop hairdos, outfits and bands.

While I agree, there are some instances where it works quite well...most notably those films that incorporate time travel, such as The Terminator, Time After Time (I liked the bit in that film where Malcolm McDowell actually goes to see Star Wars), etc. Having said that, Blade Runner managed to mix the futuristic with film noir and the 80's glitz, and it has also aged very well. :)

Anyway, I can't criticise GL for one thing...as a kid I sat through re-runs of every single episode of Flash Gordon with Buster Crabbe, and loved every minute of it. :) Even so...I think he could have devised a slightly better title.

Yeah, Lord FiNNson. I saw that SNL skit. I may be an *N SYNC fan, but I still laughed my *ss off!

Yeah, that Lucas imitation was especially good and like I said, every time someone makes these parodies, I'm even bigger fan after that. If you can't laugh to these little silly things, then you truly are a fanatic. Still, I have nothing againts Jar Jar... I'm kinda used to him already, so AOTC will only deepen his character and make him much more important to the storyline, because he is a senator this time around; if I remember correctly, many "fans" didn't originally like C-3PO in ANH, but after he was blasted to pieces in ESB, he has been part of the family(no pun intended). ;)

who in their right mind would make Jar Jar a senator? that is the sort of thing that would probably lead to misunderstandings and full scale galactic war within days.... the name's Bush, DubbaJay Bush. ;)

Archived