Home

Pics

Joshi

ok, i joined this site ages ago and still don't know how to get pictures, is there anyway to upload them from my hard drive like avatars, or do they need to come from a web site because when i try it comes up with HTML and i dont know what to do cause i'm a big dummy, well, not really, my IQ's 156, but i still don't know how to do this. PLEASE HELP ME!

You all make me look so dumb!!! I thought I was really clever cos my IQ 147!!! you are loads younger than me, and yours is higher, and as a pychology student I know all about psychometrics so that might give me an advantage!! Still at least I'm above average with my IQ. :)

Originally posted by HelenW

You all make me look so dumb!!! I thought I was really clever cos my IQ 147!!! you are loads younger than me, and yours is higher, and as a pychology student I know all about psychometrics so that might give me an advantage!! Still at least I'm above average with my IQ. :)

Don't believe all what you read.

If you rerun a test a couple of times and correct for earlier mistakes you can get a quite high score!

And I can post here saying my score is 160 if I run an IQ test for 7 year old children. (Havn't dared to check. :))

Or I can post any figure trying to look smart.

If memeory serves, an IQ of 150 or better labels someone as genius. Therefore, I find it hard to believe that the first three posts on this topic are all virtually geniuses (Not accusing anyone of anything)

Then again, it is the internet and without being able to be checked out, many people very often lie about themselves to seem wiser.

Therefore the only way to tell the intelligence level of someone is to watch and see how they act in situations and comprehend their vocabulary

:)

Originally posted by Kid

If memeory serves, an IQ of 150 or better labels someone as genius. Therefore, I find it hard to believe that the first three posts on this topic are all virtually geniuses (Not accusing anyone of anything)

Then again, it is the internet and without being able to be checked out, many people very often lie about themselves to seem wiser.

Therefore the only way to tell the intelligence level of someone is to watch and see how they act in situations and comprehend their vocabulary

:)

vocabulary has nothing to do with genious........i have a HUGE vocabulary but my iq is around 132

vocabulary has nothing to do with genious........i have a HUGE vocabulary but my iq is around 132

um... i don't think you should say someones not a genius when youv'e spelt genius word wrong. also, i'm the one with the 156 IQ, which i can assure you i only took once, put in my age and the time it took me to answer the questions. when i got the results i myself was surprised as i know loads of people smarter than me, but really the test was to see how fast you can answer the question, not if you can, the answeres right there, you just have to find it and fast. if anyone has anything else to say on the matter... don't, i'm in the middle of my GCSE mocks and the fact that i think i'm a genius is making my performance better soi don't get me down. on a brghter note, i just found out that my non-calc maths and ICT exam grades were both B's, i'm not really meant to know this yet, but the teachers just told me anyway, how nice.

Originally posted by Jack

can anybody post an url to some iq test? i´ve never tested mine

1. Here is an IQ test site but you have to stop the test yourself when the time is out.

http://www.iqtest.com/

2. This one is an official Mensa site in swedish (has an english page) and the test only tells if you are qualified to do the final Mensa test and eventually become a member of Mensa. The test time can not be manipulated.

If you qualify it means your IQ is 131 or higher on the Stanford-Binet scale. (Equels 148 on the Catell scale.). If you pass the test, you are among top 2% of the population.

I havn’t done the final Mensa test, only know I’m qualified to do it.

http://www.mensa.se/

Lycka till! :)

youth does not affect wisdom

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

um... i don't think you should say someones not a genius when youv'e spelt genius word wrong. also, i'm the one with the 156 IQ, which i can assure you i only took once, put in my age and the time it took me to answer the questions. when i got the results i myself was surprised as i know loads of people smarter than me, but really the test was to see how fast you can answer the question, not if you can, the answeres right there, you just have to find it and fast. if anyone has anything else to say on the matter... don't, i'm in the middle of my GCSE mocks and the fact that i think i'm a genius is making my performance better soi don't get me down. on a brghter note, i just found out that my non-calc maths and ICT exam grades were both B's, i'm not really meant to know this yet, but the teachers just told me anyway, how nice.

ahahaha! two things....

1) i was refering to myself not being a genious

2) spelling does not make a genius

Guest Robin Johnson

This guy may seem ok but he's bad work. He hasn't even seen Lord Of The Rings! That is just some shifty work.

P.S. join the I hate Neil Joshi fan club just by reading this message.

Originally posted by Guybrush122

youth does not affect wisdom

Have to disagree with you there. The Oxford English dictionary defines wisdom as being experience and knowledge together with the power of applying them critically or practically. Experience and knowledge is something which older people will have more of simply because they have lived longer. That is not to say that I think that because you are younger than me I think you must be more stupid than me, I'm just saying because I have had more education and specifically when refering to myself, I have studied psychometrics, I would have thought this would better equip me to perform well in an I.Q test.

To use Feral as an example, cos he was one of the first to post his I.Q and I know he is young compared to me, if he has a high I.Q now, I would expect him to do even better in 10 years time, because he will have had more education by then, and will more than likely have had greater experience of visuo-spatial problems and will have improved upon his vocabulary. (which are aspects measured in I.Q tests). To say youth doesn't affect wisdom is silly, cos thats like saying you don't learn anything as you get older or gain anything from your life experiences.

I hope no one is offended by this, that isn't my intention. You misunderstand me if you think I am trying to say I think young people are less intelligent, cos I don't think that at all. I just think that the more education a person has, the more intelligent they are likely to be.

what on earth has robin johnson got against me? go back and see what he said about me. honestly, what's his problem? anyone else agree?

P.S. i went to see Lord of the Rings, but they weres sold out at the only cinema in my town. now i'm doing my GCSE mocks so i don't have time at the moment, but give it a wekk or so and i will.

by the way, don't believe him when he say's i'm bad work, i've been posting things on this site for the past two months with nothing but good remarks and nice topics. this guy's been around for two days and already he's said i'm bad work, came up with a stupid joke about the we hate neil joshi fan club, and said i should be buried under two trucks. i don't think that's very nice now do you. (does he have a grudge or what?)

Originally posted by duder

But Helen, surely age is taken into consideration when scoring the tests. :confused:

Not usually. An I.Q test is an I.Q test. You do get kids versions of I.Q tests, (but this is usually for young children) but I'm guessing that at 14 or whatever, people here are taking the adult version. The original Stanford Binet test was supposed to be put into a formula something like score + age/100, or something like that, (just trying to remember off the top of my head, don't quote me for definite) but in practise, tests these days aren't like that, they just give everyone a standard score.

Not usually. An I.Q test is an I.Q test. You do get kids versions of I.Q tests, (but this is usually for young children) but I'm guessing that at 14 or whatever, people here are taking the adult version. The original Stanford Binet test was supposed to be put into a formula something like score + age/100, or something like that, (just trying to remember off the top of my head, don't quote me for definite) but in practise, tests these days aren't like that, they just give everyone a standard score.

Age is only taken into consideration for children when calculating IQ.

The formula is MA/CA*100 (Mental Age (MA) divided with Chronological Age (CA) multiplied with 100.)

Example:

If most 10 years old have 11 correct answers in a test then their IQ is 100. (Their MA=CA)

If most 8 years old have 9 correct answers in the same test, their IQ is 100. MA=CA

If a 8 year old has 11 correct answers then his/hers Mental Age is 10 years and the IQ is calculated 10/8*100=125.

This can be used up to around 17 years old. After that the natural spreads of the result is used.

Otherwise the results would be in absurdum if you for instance compared a 60 years old persons result with a 30 years old.

Example:

If most 60 years old have 70 correct answers and most 30 years old have 68 correct answers then a 30 years old with 70 correct would have an IQ of 200!

(What IQ has then a 60 years old person with 68 correct answers?) :)

Archived