Home

Update! (sorta)

GonkH8er

that savegame screenshot thing sounds nice

looks like they are taking care of all the details :)

Im not sure exactly what the other thing is, but It probably provides a better fog effect, which is good :D

Can someone explain exactly what is that thing?

Yes, that does sound nice.

I think that is the main thing that separates computer games from consoles. With most computer games you can save at any point. After every person you kill if you feel like it. With consoles it's normally at specific points, after levels, etc.

And I would like to know what the fog thing is too if you don't mind posting it Gonk?

I don't care much about the size of saves because I have a 60GB hd. But when I was playing Deus Ex on a 15GB hd, it was hell with the saves that were anywhere from 8MB-15MB because of the screen shots. I personally love this ype of feature though.

And yes, please do explain this fog thingie.

I've just sent an e-mail to James Monroe to ask him about the fog (there's a lot of it right now here in San Francisco).

I'll post the answer on my site and here as soon as I get it. Hopefully he has the time to answer our question.

Roger

Originally posted by Moses

Even our experienced gamers don't know what this fog thingie is, and Gonk threw it out there like everyone would know. hehe

what happens is that gonk posted what was said in the .plan file, maybe he doesnt have a clue of what it is :)

I hope you get a reply Roger, maybe he evens give us some more news :D

its texture generation. probably just found a new or better way of mapping the textures to their respective locations.

edit- just saw that roger updated his site and asked monroe about it.

eheh. glad people are listening.

texture gen for fog

in bespin_undercity we wanted some really cool fog to hang, well, under the city.

turns out we can do that best with a new texture gen function and some special textures.

it's looking really cool.

and

texture generate is just a function to control the placement of textures on triangles

good work roger :)

Archived