New iMacs

Metallus

The New iMac  

3 members have voted

1. 1. The New iMac

• Love it!
    • Leave it.
    • Not sure...

Hey, I'm sure some of you have heard about the newly designed iMacs. If not, check out http://www.apple.com. Although I'm not a Mac user on a daily basis, I must say that this new design is pretty good, in terms of space-saving and mobility. However, I don't really like it in the aesthetic sense. It looks kind of, well, weird. If I ever had enough money to buy a secondary computer, I think I'd get a mac, so I could run all the LEC classics with no glitches. That is to say, after re-purchasing them in Mac format, of course :rolleyes:. Anyway, tell me what you think about this new generation of iMacs, or how you feel about Macs in general.

I'd love to have a Mac as a secondary computer. OS X looks very nice, and based on unix too! The potential for messing it up must be staggering...

I'm not so sure about the new iMac. I never liked the idea of the original iMac either - I'd want to choose my own monitor - but then I don't suppose I'm its target audience. For what I assume is its target audience, integrating the two and making it so compact is a very good idea indeed. :)

I, a long time Mac user, really don't care what it looks like. What really gets me ticked is that the iMacs DON'T have A (or diskette) DRIVES! It's quite stupid, and I think they are trying Zip disks too. I mean, it looks all wacky and stuff, but really, it isn't that necessary. It's made for the fools that go for looks and don't care WHAT is on the inside. I own many of my LEC games for the Mac, more than I do for the PC, so I would like to buy a secondary Mac, just for those games. I might just use my dad's billion year old Mac laptop (the screen itself is like like 9"). But, since Loom and Sam and Max always give everyone sound problems, I will most likely play them on the Mac (Yes, I have a Mac Loom).

In general, any Mac will do me fine. Space is not a problem (usually). Besides, I'd like to be able to update the computer if I had it, so iMacs aren't my preference for Macs.

Archived