Guest Thrawn

GameCube: Are YOU getting it?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. GameCube: Are YOU getting it?

• YES! It looks SWEET!
    • Maybe, it looks pretty cool. . .
    • Definately not! It's looks aweful!
    • Sorry, I'm getting/have a PS2!
    • I'm getting an X-Box cause I LIKE sucky things!

Originally posted by dr_death

which is better the x box of game cube and why?. i might get one of them

GameCube (I think) is INFINATELY better than X-Box and here's why:

• Nintendo makes GameCube, and they have had LOTS of experiance with console gaming. Microsoft makes X-Box, and they have never EVER made a console before!
  • GameCube is smaller
  • Gameboy Advanced can be used as a controller for GC
  • GameCube disks are much smaller
  • GameCube has much better games for their system! The Mario we all know and love WON'T be on any X-Box!
  • One word: Super Smash Bros. Melee ;)
  • And most of all: Nintendo has great quality! Their stuff always last for ages! I never once had a 64 game stop working. If you get an X-box, who knows how long it'll work?

Hope that helps. :D (BTW you can tell I'm biased. :D)

Guest ICP Ringmaster

well i am thinking of getting a GameCube..(as thrawn said, super smash bros. melee) but i think that the x box might have better graphics but the storyline are pathetic.....i played some retarded game at wally world on an xbox... it sucked

Guest Tie Guy

Ok, everyone give up this silly talk about X-box and Gamecube and GO OUT AND BUY A PS2!!! ;)

Seriously though, IMO, the ps2 will still be much better. Face it, unless you are under 7, the ps2 will have many more good games that you will like. There are many out right now, and more coming out later including Jedi Starfighter and Final Fantasy X. Also, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 just came out a couple days ago, but i haven't played it yet.

Guest Rogue15

I want gamecube for Starfox Adventures and Turok Evolution.

Rogue Leader isn't going to be as great as everyone's saying. I just have that feeling, there's too much hype generated around it, and I'm not taking the bait.

Star Fox Adventures looks awesome. *goes off to look at quicktime*

EGM (electronic Gaming Monthly) which is a highly respected magazine ,in America at least, Said that X-box would be better mainly because it has two power house games (Halo and...um something else) and Gamecube has one (Rogue Leader) They said that SSBM is besically the same as the 64 version with better graphics and Luigi's Mansion was okay, but it wasn't a powerhouse title...

Personally I think that X-Box only does good in shear power...GameCube is good in enginuity...X-Box has the online play...GameCube has the best controller....X-Box has the more violent games...GameCube has children approved games (Super Monkey Ball anyone???)...X-Box has the $300 Million dollar campaign...GameCube has the $30 million dollar campaign...

Flip a coin...heads GameCube, tails X-box...

Of course I'm getting it.

WHY?

A.GAMES-

1. ROGUE SQUADRON II

2. SMASH BROS. MELEE

3. Luigi's Mansion

4. Wave Race

5. Rouge Spear

6. Crazy Tax

7. Mario Sunshine

8. Tony Hawk 3

9. BomberMan

10. Metroid Prime

11. Phantasy Star Online v2

12. Pikmin

13. Zelda

14. Mario Kart

15. Super Monkey Ball

16. Star Fox Adventures

17. 1080 SB 2

18. Extreme G 3

19. Turok E.

20. And much, much, more!

B.Controller-

It melts in your hand like butter!

C.Graphics

Just as good as Xbox.

D.Size

Game Cube is a little more than haft the size of a shoe box while, Xbox is bigger than my VCR!

E. One word.....Affordable.....something than M$ has never been.

Of course I'm getting it.

WHY?

A.GAMES-

1. ROGUE SQUADRON II THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

2. SMASH BROS. MELEE Attack of the Clone according to several Mag.

3. Luigi's Mansion could be better

4. Wave Race look at the water...even Nintedo power rated it low

5. Rouge Spear Been tried once...floop...will it work now???

6. Crazy Tax Uggggg

7. Mario Sunshine will it even be called this or is it too early (i.e. Dolphin was a code name)

8. Tony Hawk 3 Why??? make 4 your behind Nintendo

9. BomberMan fumbled opportunity

10. Metroid Prime if it ever comes outicon14.gif

11. Phantasy Star Online v2 who knows

12. Pikmin oh please...stop making kiddy titles so much Nintendo

13. Zelda ditto with metroid Prime

14. Mario Kart Another Clone???

15. Super Monkey Ball AAAHHHHHH, why must e suffer???

16. Star Fox Adventures I would MUCH rather see him in his fighter

17. 1080 SB 2 who knows what this will do

18. Extreme G 3 better title "Floop 3"

19. Turok E. hopefully it will be a quality FPS

20. And much, much, more! I hope so

B.Controller-

It melts in your hand like butter!

So very true...rates better than X-box...but maybe not PS2...

C.Graphics

Just as good as Xbox.

No...X-box has more power than GameCube...very sorry but true...

D.Size

Game Cube is a little more than haft the size of a shoe box while, Xbox is bigger than my VCR!

as long as it is a good console then I don't care...would you rather get PS1 (the miniature version) than the Game Cube???

E. One word.....Affordable.....something than M$ has never been.

X-box has CD capability and DVD...GameCube has niether...Surround sound capability...none for GameCube...X-Box COMES with Dolby Digital Sorround sound...

Guest Rogue15

hey, fergie, about star fox adventure, he does get his fighter, i watched a quicktime that came w/a gamecube preview disk. i watch it over and over. There's levels that let you use the arwing! :)

Originally posted by Rogue15

hey, fergie, about star fox adventure, he does get his fighter, i watched a quicktime that came w/a gamecube preview disk. i watch it over and over. There's levels that let you use the arwing! :)

Probably too much demand for them...I still play Star Fox for 64...really had the best space battles N64 had...Rogue Squadron had great ground to air but no space...

oh, and GC DOES have surround sound BTW, and NO the Xbox in not more powerfull. and who cares if Smash bros, and mariokart(dA BOMB!) are clones? y mess with a good thing? rogue leader is a clone, and you like it! I could care less is my system had DVD playback, CD playback, a toaster, a scanner, a giant bantha poodoo making machine built into it. I just wanna play games :) for a nice, cheap price.

Archived