The Outcast Box Thread

GonkH8er

Do you like the box design?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the box design?

• I love it!
    • Yeah, it's pretty good
    • No sir, I don't like it.
    • Are you kidding? My cat's coughed up better looking boxes!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Scav

Put it at the bottom of the Marianas Trench and I'll dive for it. Put it on the peak of Mount Everest and I'll climb for it. Put it on my desk, and I'll love you for it. :)

Yeah.. :lopsided grin:

Originally posted by NeJJa

wow, over-analyzation?:rolleyes:

Mmmmmmm.....overanalyzation....fuuun...

Wha?:confused:

Oh, right.

Anyway, the point about colorful boxes being invisible is a good one. I don't know about you, but there are a few different scenarios I can have when looking for a game in a store.

1) Big display case with signs hanging from the celing pointing to it. Go. Grab it. Buy it. (Starcraft/DiabloII)

2) Bunch on one rack, colorful. Have to look at every bunch on the rack to find it. That's in a well organized store. (almost everything)

3) Bunch on one rack, simple. Breeze by the isles (sp?) until I spot it from 50 feet away at a 4 degree angle. (Black and White)

4) Very few on the rack, colorful. If I'm LOOKING for this game it takes me a good 15 minutes. If I'm not I probably won't find it. (almost anything over a few months old)

5) Very few on the rack, simple. If I'm LOOKING for it I find it right away. If I'm just browsing it's probably the first I look at (hence giving it the best chance of being bought).

If other people have scenarios kind of like mine this says that JKII will do VERY well, since all those people who just want a good game will be attracted by the difference between it and all the other boxes. The Star Wars should help to. Even with all the bad Star Wars games people check them out. Unfortunately there are people that think (and I quote) "all Star Wars games suck".

When I first saw this box last week I emailed Lucas Arts to find out if it was indeed the box art. Here is the reply I received:

"The Jedi Outcast box art is not yet final. A Outcast web site will be going live next week on lucasarts.com with new materials though. It is not the final box, but is being used."

-ViX-

I have to admit, it looks clean and sleek, but also very sterile, doesn't feel like it has the star wars, or even human touch. I say instead of going all modern looking, they should go retro. Do a star wars poster like cover with kyle in the middle with light saber raised straight up, with various minor characters looking off in various directions while standing behind him, with a semi transparent shadow of the bad guy hovering over the top of the box, and r2-d2 and 3po standing in one corner. Hehe.

Originally posted by rolsen

I know I'm being picky, but the HL symbol is actually the greek letter Lamda. The creators didn't make it up. :)

My turn to be picky... 'Lamda' is spelt with a B after the M - Lambda is the correct spelling ;)

-------------

Posted by Trailer Trash

I like my DVD cases inside my Cardboard box[/Quote]

...i've never come accross that...it sounds the perfect match - big, eye-candy cardboard box with small, durable DVD case inside... great idea :)

Welcome TT, enjoy your stay :)

[edit]

Hey, that T T looks like Pi :D [/edit]

Archived