The Outcast Box Thread

GonkH8er

Do you like the box design?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the box design?

• I love it!
    • Yeah, it's pretty good
    • No sir, I don't like it.
    • Are you kidding? My cat's coughed up better looking boxes!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wont. Don't worry :) ignore anyone who says otherwise.

I, for one, love my big boxes. I have a line off all my boxes in the top of my cupboard, neatly sorted. From classic like "Wacky Wheels" and "Dune 2", up to "Tribes 2" and "Civ 3". Got em all sitting there :)

I'm not sure I like this dvd case deal. Sure, put the cd in a dvd case, but then put that in a snazzy box. yeah......... box :)

I really like the box. Buckeye, I see where you are coming from when you say Star Wars means avoid nowadays. But there are a few things I think you overlook. For instance, when you see a game that says Star Wars do you not look at the back to see what monstrosity has come out? Don't say no because you know you do. ;) This time people will wonder "What has come out NOW?" But when they turn it over they will have a nice surprise. :D

About the box itself though, I love the simple design. When walking down the game aisle all the colors blend together and it's actually the plain boxes that stick out. For example black and white had a very simple box which made it attractive...to me at least.

Originally posted by Moses

About the box itself though, I love the simple design. When walking down the game aisle all the colors blend together and it's actually the plain boxes that stick out. For example black and white had a very simple box which made it attractive...to me at least.

It's a pure marketing concept. If you over-diversify, you lose the meaning of your product. The Black & White box was made solely for the purpose of it's <i>meaning</i>. Good versus evil. Black vs white.

JediKnightII: Jedi Outcast has possibly the most attractive box I've ever seen. Simple, but extravagant. The lightsaber concept is the center focuses the customers attention on the JK title. They will stay even longer to check out the small text beneath, which is key to them flipping it over and checking it out; keeping a consumer's mind on your product is a life and death struggle for marketing personnel.

I found the original JediKnight box too colourful. The big honkin' silver JediKnight title didn't attract my attention as much as what an eyesore it was on the shelf, surrounded by nondescript grey and black Quake boxes and the yellow-tone Tribes boxes.

The new JK box is much fancier and tasteful.

Originally posted by Scav

JediKnightII: Jedi Outcast has possibly the most attractive box I've ever seen. Simple, but extravagant. The lightsaber concept is the center focuses the customers attention on the JK title. They will stay even longer to check out the small text beneath, which is key to them flipping it over and checking it out; keeping a consumer's mind on your product is a life and death struggle for marketing personnel.

wow, over-analyzation?:rolleyes:

I'd probably prefer the second box's colour with the first box's perspective.

I don't think anything with a 'StarWars' Label means 'avoid'.Although my friends apply that,I don't think it shall apply with this one.

Reason:

1:The picture of the combination of the saber and the words 'J','K',and 'O',is extremely unique and,unusual.That saber blue,combined with DARK blue(it should be dark blue,are you guys are colourblind?),looks very interesting,and,I repeat,unusual.

Sorry if I offended anyone...

2:Compared to my JK cardboard cover(it's not a box),it is a world of difference!

P.S.:I'll edit later,I can't say much as it's dinner time.

Put it at the bottom of the Marianas Trench and I'll dive for it. Put it on the peak of Mount Everest and I'll climb for it. Put it on my desk, and I'll love you for it. :)

Moses - Years of the 'International Business and Technology Program' have made me into the SELS you see before you today. I'm not crazy, just computerized. :lopsided grin:

Nice and Simple design very much like the H/L Symbol I think the JK bit will work well.

I don' think the SW bit needs to be so big though it detracts from the effect of the design being that size

When I first saw the JK I thought it was a little person hiding behind the Saber ;)

DVD Boxes Rule

Maybe just maybe if were lucky Activision will do an EF again and Europe will get it first :p

Put it at the bottom of the Marianas Trench and I'll dive for it. Put it on the peak of Mount Everest and I'll climb for it. Put it on my desk, and I'll love you for it.

ok then.... i'll take that back * takes off desk and puts on jupiter for safekeeping*

Put it on Jupiter and I'll be crushed, suffocated and boiled alive for it, after drifting through space for 10 years without any oxygen or a space suit, thus causing suffocation and freezing of every liquid in my body. :lopsided grin:

Just can't win!

It looks good except for the STAR WARS part doesn't fit in.

I liked the boxes made up through Rebellion, where each box looked different. But then a ugly STAR WARS stripe was put on each box and they all looked the same. The current boxes started with Episode I are ok, but they aren't as good as the old games. Why does STAR WARS have to be printed in the same style on everything? I know they have to say it, but why does it have to be the same all the time?

Originally posted by KellDragon

It looks good except for the STAR WARS part doesn't fit in.

I liked the boxes made up through Rebellion, where each box looked different. But then a ugly STAR WARS stripe was put on each box and they all looked the same. The current boxes started with Episode I are ok, but they aren't as good as the old games. Why does STAR WARS have to be printed in the same style on everything? I know they have to say it, but why does it have to be the same all the time?

Because it's a franchise, and that's what franchises do. If they didn't put Star Wars on the box, they would be infringing on copyright laws.

The silver lettering and font are good. It accents the box perfectly. The JK logo is at the center, and looks much better than the original box, which looks like it was planned out by a first year business student. <i>(That is an insult, by the way. At least, in my school. :lopsided grin: )</i>

I don't understand why people say that they don't like the Star Wars label, especially when it seems to be the most popular franchise of games ever. I, for one, am drawn to that label like a grub to warmth.

Archived