Home

What was you're first time?

Niun

I was about 11 years old. Still in to Arnold and Stallone blow-up everything movies, or really stupid movies starring Paulie Shore. I was living with some friends of the family for the summer. I guess finally the got tired of the movies I was watching because the sat me down on the couch and told me that they were going to show me what a real movie was like.

They popped in ANH and it started playing. To be honest, I was very unimpressed with the opening music and the scrolling words (mind you I am 11 and completely hated to read anything). But as soon as I saw a Star Destroyer, I was hooked. I sat mesmerized for the next 121 minutes.

When the movie was over. They asked me what I had thought of it. I immediately began to babble for a half an hour. When I was finished they told me that there were two sequels. I watch them both the very afternoon.

And the next day. I watched all three again.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a fan since I was 6 so prolly 1986 is the year I was hooked! I'll admit that I havent read any of the SW's books but Ive played every Starwars video game since I was 6:D

Now that im almost 21, I feel I cant stop being a badass and let my true geekyness show:p I truly want to read a good Star Wars book! What are the best ones?

well for books... i dont know. My personal favorite are X-wing book 5, 6 and 7. they are Wraith Squadron :D.as you have seen from my avatar, name and sig that im a fan of them :D.

The X-wing series are very exciting. im reading book number 8 now.illl try to list a view next time :D in a couple of minutes i guess.

about you name..... Dockler.

well the name seems to be english... but that doesnt say anything. if the 'l' were a 't' i would say you were Dutch :D. I dont know .... realy i dont know. ir could be from many Europian countries.

No. Start with the original trilogy books. There's always stuff in there that gives a little insight into what's going on.

Also read TPM. There's a good part in there where Anakin meets up with some tusken raiders.

Ep. 2 spoiler

When you read TPM and see his interactions with the Tuskens then the Tusken scene in AotC will characterize him a bit more.

slash.gif

well ill post my books here so you can choose one :D and ill post them in the right time.

I translated some titles from Dutch... so i dont know if everything checks out.

Darth Maul, Shadowhunter (Dutch) (before Ep1)

The Phantom Menace (Dutch) (Episode 1)

Rogue planet (Dutch) (after Ep1)

Truce at Bakure (Dutch) (right after Ep 6)

X-wing book nr.1 Rogue Squadron (English)

X-wing book nr.2 Wedge Gamble (English)

X-wing book nr.3 Krytos Trap (English)

X-wing book nr.4 Bacta War (English) very exciting

X-wing book nr.5 Wraith Squadron (English) very exciting

X-wing book nr.6 Iron Fist (English) very exciting

X-wing book nr.7 Solo Command (English) very exciting

Courtship of Princess Leia (Dutch)

The Zahn Trilogie very exciting

Heir of the Empire (Dutch) (believed believed to be Episode 7)

The power of the Dark side (Dutch) (believed to be Episode 8)

The last command (Dutch) (believed to be Episode 9)

X-wing book nr.8 Isards revenge (English)

The Jedi Academi trilogie

Jedi Search (English)

Dark Apprentice (English)

Champions of the force (Dutch)

X-wing book nr.9 Starfighters of Adumar (English)

I, Jedi (English)

Cristal Star (Dutch)

Childeren of the Jedi (Dutch)

Doomsday device (Dutch) very exciting

The Corellian trilogie very exciting

Ambush at Correlia (Dutch)

Attack at Selonia (Dutch)

............ at Centerpoint (Dutch)

hope it helps

-Wraith 8-

Well looks like Im heading down to the library tonight:D

Here is something crazy! I talked to my father today about our last name and I guess It used to be Dockter :eek: My grandfather joined the amry during the korean war and he left out the line to make it a "t" because he hated his family with a passion and didnt want to have the same last name.

Guess you learn something every day:D

What is the meaning of Dockter and what nationality is that?

Thanks very much!

The Timothy Zahn books are great, although I've only read the comic version of them. :D Anyway, I enjoyed the comics so the books must be even better and of course more indepthed. A definant must read trilogy. :D

Here's the English titles of the three Zahn Trilogy:

1. Dark Force Rising

2. Heir to the Empire

3. Last Command

'Shadows of the Empire' is also a good book, although I've only read the comic version of this one too. :rolleyes: It's situated sometime between 'Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi'.

It involves Vaders continual search for Luke, the search for Han, Rebellions investigation of Prince Xixors sincerity of offer to use his Black Sun smuggling organisation to provide them with supplies, and Prince Xixors attempts to humiliate Vader in front of the Emperor so that he can take Vaders place as Palpatines right hand.

Originally posted by Evo Wahn Jhin

Well looks like Im heading down to the library tonight:D

Here is something crazy! I talked to my father today about our last name and I guess It used to be Dockter :eek: My grandfather joined the amry during the korean war and he left out the line to make it a "t" because he hated his family with a passion and didnt want to have the same last name.

Guess you learn something every day:D

What is the meaning of Dockter and what nationality is that?

Thanks very much!

well in my country it is a very fancy name for dokter or medical guy :D. like my last name is Klasen, but there are many different variants of it. the fanciest is: Cleassens. but you pronounce them the same way.

I was a sophmore in highschool and she was a junior, we had been dating for a few months and.....oh wait your talking about my first time with star wars!

LOL

Saw empire strikes back IN THE THEATRE, THE ORIGINAL ONE! After that of course I and all my friends collected the toys including a millenium falcon giant thing that was like 4 x 4 feet. Wasn't until return of the jedi that I got really into the toys though.

Archived