Home

Question about LotR

Heavyarms

In case you didn't notice. Gandalf went a very long ways away after the party. A lot of time passed in those couple of shots of Gandalf at various places. It was a couple of years I do believe. I'm happy they didn't mention the time change cause that would only serve to confuse people more. They'd be like, "What happened! I thought this was supposed to be an adventure movie and he just waited at home for 20 years!"

Guest Lord Tirion

You have to understand that movies cant depict every scene from a book. Otherwise, the movie would be 6-7 hours long. Directors only put in scenes that they deem are important to the story. Same as the reason Peter Jackson did not add in the Tom Bambadil scene. It was not needed to tell the story.

They also did this with Jurassic Park. The book is sort of like parts of movies 1 and 2 put together. It's a really good book, but it makes you think the movies are not as good as they were. I suggest anybody here who hasn't read it, GO READ IT! 'Tis good

Guest Lord Tirion

A source from Cinescape.com said that the FOTR dvd will also have two versions: the original and an "R" rated version due to the gore.

Guest Lord Tirion

Stay on topic? Dude, I answered your questoin way above on why they did the changes. Its not my fault you dont pay attention :p

Archived