Home

Hanging off walls

Angel_101

Originally posted by [eVe]DeathBoLT

raven has stated that it wouldn't be included partially due to the awkwardness of it in firstperson mode

personally i hope it won't be included, because in FPSers, to avoid fire, you must hop off ledges, etc. quickly, and getting tangled up in 'hanging mode' would probably get you killed.

if they do include it, i hope you can switch it on and off because i remember it was always a hassel for me in the fallen, a ST adventure game using the UT engine.

Yes...like slide toggle. (Nevermind that that was utterly useless in JK :rolleyes: ) You could just press the "grab" key when you're next to a ledge, and Kyle would (try to) catch onto it. Maybe it could even be the midair function of 'crouch". :)

Newbie to the JKII board......

Hasn't anyone thought about "switching" the camera to a third person perspective when hanging from a ledge? If the camera can be switched for whipping out your lightsabre, why not when you get close to a ledge. It's characteristic of all the starwars movies (you name it a jedi has hung from it ;) ) and would seem really ignorant to not include it in this game. For stealth operations, this would help tremendously. That and hiding in a stormtrooper/admiral uniform and trying to sneak past security.

Just my two cents and some change....

Hanging off ledges is definitely something that Jedi do in the movies, but I can see why Raven wouldn't want to include it...you have to remember that their first goal is to create a fun gaming experience, even if they have to leave out of manipulate part of the star wars experience. If it's fun, and fesible, I'm sure the feature would be in the game...if not, then make a mod!

Swoosh

Not sure if the final Xbox version still retains this feature, but it was definately there at E3 when I saw it. Ben could hang onto ledges and light himself up.

At the time I saw it, they were still saying that it would have both 1st and 3rd person views, and they never mentioned that being a problem (although the move was always shown in third person mode).

But oh well, it's not that big a deal to me. Less animation for them to program in... and the mod community could do it if they wanted to.

i haven't ever played a game where you could hang off ledges that didn't have dodgy control/collision issues. (Tomb Raider, Indy, FAKK2 etc..)

so that would be my main worry.

Welcome to the forums, Graphicsgod, Pogwaffle, Cmdr Antilles. :) Check my sig for your gifts...

I don't really see the need to hang from ledges in JKII. With the Force powers at your disposal, it doesn't really make that much sense. If you want to be sneaky, use a Jedi Mind Trick. If you want to jump across that huge gap...Force Speed and Jump combined should do it. All of the other games mentioned that allow you hang around don't have force powers or other magical abilities that are similar...so it makes more sense for ledge-hanging to be in those games. I actually liked it in Heretic II...because there were a couple of jumps where you can just reach the other side by grabbing a ledge...

As for hanging around when you've been pushed over the edge...well, what is to stop your opponent from Pushing you again, so you fall anyway? (I always wondered why Maul didn't do that to Obi-Wan in TPM... :rolleyes: ).

why would you guys want to hang off a ledge so much?youd make yourself a big fat target,and have you ever tried to jump across a gap and grab a ledge on the other side?i have and it hurts like a ***** hitting the other side,plus since it hurts you forget to grab and the fall is the worst.

Archived