Home

Black Hawk Down Vs Pearl Harbor

Surfnshannon

Which do you think??

I personally feel that BHD was a better movie by far! The action and the story kept you in the movie at all times. The sappy Love Story of PH was too predictable...and too...unlikely. The action was good...when there was action...but a lot seemed to drag out. Now in Black Hawk Down - the action seens were great and it felt like you were right along side the men as frustrated and as scared as they were. What do you think??

I've not seen either, but I'm going to tell you why anyway! From watching clips where the narrator says things like 'Witness the Courage you never got to see', I get really pissed off. Hollywood should simply stay away from these politically delicate confrontations.

I heard Jerry Bruckheimer (producer of BHD)recently saying that it is only a matter of time before we see a movie about the twin tower terrorist attacks. Can anyone explain to me why anyone would want to see a Jerry Bruckheimer movie about something so atrocious? Where you know before you see it, there is going to be no insight into anything other than a range of emotions. To me that is cheap, and makes a mockery of filmmaking.

a movie about the twin towers would be very disrespectful and traumatic towards those families. However, in seeing the movie BHD - and watching the special they had on discovery about the real people who were there...i feel that the movie did a very good job of portraying their story. It shows what happens when a country gets too agressive in nation building. I feel that it was a story that should be told

Well its a matter of opinion, and I prefer to gather my information from reading newspapers and watching the news. I'm not into saying what people should and shouldn't see at the cinema, but these kinds of films are something that I completely avoid as a rule.

Now that dosnt mean every war film. Films like The Thin Red Line, and Platoon, are examples of very thoughtful, intellectual, beautifully made films. The emphasise is on thought rather than having your heart strings tugged.

BHD is by far a better movie than Pearl. BHD stays true to what actually happened, but Pearl's love story and all, it just didn't fit, but the action was good in Pearl when there was some, which wasn't very often. BHD's action was better than Pearl's too I think.

Archived